NAFSA: Association of International Educators is the leading association in the field of international education. NAFSA, with 10,000 members, is an association advancing higher education internationalization and global learning. NAFSA serves its members and their institutions and organizations by setting principles of good practice, providing training and professional development, providing networking opportunities, and advocating for international education.
NAFSA is offering a paid internship to undergraduate and graduate students. The internship is ideal for students who are considering careers in international education, development, or higher education administration. Detail oriented self-starters and team players are encouraged to apply.
Intern duties include:
- Provide administrative support to the Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization program, which includes an award announcement, poster session development, database maintenance, and website information updates.
- Provide administrative support for Latin America internationalization and partnership initiatives, including developing program agendas, web research, event assistance, and website information updates.
- Provide administrative support to the Global Dialogue Fellowship Program for African university professionals including related web research, event development, and website promotion.
- Assist in updating higher education internationalization information on web pages, workspaces, listservs, and data bases.
- Other program assistance as needed.
Approx. 20 hours per week beginning in February until May. Exact schedule to be set directly with supervisor. The NAFSA Office is located in downtown Washington, DC. Office hours are Monday-Friday from 9–5 pm.
- Pursuing a degree in international education, global studies, international business, or related fields
- Ability to keep to timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, esp. Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing charts and working with databases
- Interest in and/or knowledge of higher education or association work
- Event planning or project management experience
- International travel or study abroad
- Familiarity with NAFSA
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please note: International students must be eligible to work in the U.S. – NAFSA cannot sponsor student visas.