The Senior Coordinator handles logistics and provides ongoing project support for NAFSA’s Organizational Advancement and Membership recruitment and retention functions. This position works collaboratively for two different departments although it reports to a single individual.
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is the premier international education association in the United States. Its 10,000 members come from the 50 states and 150 other countries. The association is led by a Board of Directors from its membership that follows a strategic plan to determine priorities. A number of groups of member leaders implement programs and services, with the help of the Washington, DC-based staff.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Organizational Advancement: (80%)
- Assist with Global Partner (GP) Expo booth bookings prior to and during Annual Conference. Schedule meetings, manage the GP rankings that determine booth-booking sequence and guide GP’s in their booth selection.
- Provide support for Annual Conference plenary video production by working with sponsors on video specifications and timely delivery of video assets.
- Coordinate story lists, assignments and compile the monthly Global Partner Newsletter and other Global Partner communications and activities.
- Staff the Annual Conference Global Partners Registration area, the Donate Now booth in the NAFSA Pavilion, as well as the Global Partners early Expo booking area.
- Periodically update and manage web site content
- Monitor outstanding sponsorship invoices and produce appropriate delinquency reports. Assume primary responsibility for collecting outstanding receivables.
- Assist with all fundraising campaigns including the annual conference campaign, Every Leader Campaign, Giving Tuesday, end-of-the-year campaign. Assistance includes but is not limited to preparing email pitches, monitoring responses, providing tax-exempt notifications and thank you letters, producing reports and analyses regarding campaign success and effectiveness.
- Provide administrative support including:
- Monitor OA and GPP inbox daily
- Edit and prepare proposals, correspondence and thank you letters
- Perform data entry related to all fundraising campaigns and the New Century Circle
- Compile information packets for client prospecting meetings, trips, and other inquiries
- Take notes and monitor follow-up action items related to periodic meetings
- Conduct research and analysis on topics as needed
- Membership Recruitment and Retention: (20%)
- Provide backup support to the Membership Frontline Specialist, including lunch coverage daily.
- Help coordinate NAFSA membership recruitment and promotional activity, including membership marketing and communication activities
- Answer inquires and provides follow-up activity to member e-mail requests for information or help
- Help maintain accuracy and usability of iMIS membership records and activities
- Conduct calling campaigns to targeted NAFSA member or conduct targeted opinion research
- Manage logistics for internal and external meeting
- Other related tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Scope of Supervision:
The Senior Coordinator does not supervise staff.
With the broad range of stakeholders in Communications and Organizational Advancement, the Senior Coordinator must be able to work with a large number of people with varying issues and concerns, handle multiple projects and keep track of timelines and changes. The Senior Coordinator must have excellent internal work relationships with other departments and maintain a consistent level of excellent service to prospective members, members and member leaders.
The NAFSA workday is 9-5; during the summer, it is 8:30-5:30 M-Th, and 9:00-12:00 on Friday. Travel is required occasionally, especially during peak training periods in October/November and February-April. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, as well as the ability to work occasional weekends and evenings in order to support meetings, and travel occasionally are all job requirements.