AMIDEAST is the leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities exclusively in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). We offer generous paid leave and a great 401k with up to 6% matching.
We are seeking a Director of Education Abroad based in Washington, DC (HQ). As the Director, you will be responsible for the design and execution of our programs for Americans in the MENA. Working with the professional staff at HQ and in our field offices, you will guide and oversee the development and implementation of semester, academic year, summer, and customized education abroad programs. You will lead a team of talented staff and will report to the Vice President for Programs. Your responsibilities will include the following.
- Conceptualize and develop our education abroad programs for students, educators, and others alongside field and HQ staff
- Supervise the development of proposals and budgets
- Lead budget development, monitoring and analysis, and contracting and reporting for our education abroad programs
- Develop institutional relationships and agreements; lead coordination with the Academic Consortium, Arabic Advisory Board, and School of Record
- Supervise the development of marketing plans; design and implement promotional activities/strategies and monitor results
- Work with on-site academic and Arabic coordinators to select courses and faculty, review course syllabi, and ensure academic quality
- Manage safety and security policies and coordinate response to emergency situations affecting students
- Participate in strategy discussions, lead evaluations of programs and learning goals, and ensure that our programs adhere to recognized standards of best practice
- Oversee the work of HQ education abroad staff members
- Perform other tasks as may be required
- Competitive salary, generous paid leave, retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement. Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer