This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing a comprehensive marketing, communication, and outreach strategy to support the mission of the Office of Global Engagement (OGE). OGE is a dynamic unit that encompasses Study Abroad, International Students and Scholars, International Undergraduate Admissions, and International Programs. The Marketer is expected to work as a member of a collaborative team to promote a wide range of events, programs, and services. These include study abroad, international opportunities for faculty, immigration advising for international students and visiting scholars, cultural activities, and scholarships.
- Develops, implements and oversees a comprehensive marketing, communication and outreach strategy in collaboration with OGE staff to support all components of the office.
- Creates, researches, designs, and writes content for dissemination through a variety of media, including but not limited to internal or external publications, brochures, posters, newsletters, email campaigns, websites, presentations, educational materials, development/fundraising materials, press packages, video, social media, and broadcast media.
- Manages web presence, social media platforms, email campaigns, and newsletter publications. Serves as coordinator of all web properties, updating content and data as required.
- Manages and develops the look and brand of the office; creates and oversees the design and production of marketing materials to include appropriate content, design style, and consistency. Builds and maintains an image library for all staff to utilize.
- Coordinates the promotion of events, programs, and public relations activities.
- Coordinates marketing and communication calendars, production schedules and deadlines, including coordination of work carried out by staff, student assistants, volunteers, other university offices (Student Marketing and Communications, Public Relations and Marketing, Office of Admissions, etc.), and/or external vendors.
- Evaluates effectiveness of strategy, communications, promotions, public relations, and marketing. Solicits customer feedback from surveys and focus groups. Tracks metrics, analyzes and interprets data, and produces reports with relevant statistics.
- Participates in appropriate events and conferences, while collaborating with staff, student leaders, and other units.
- Maintains files, databases, and electronic records of materials.
- Participates in budget decision-making processes in relation to appropriate communication responsibilities.