Madison College (Madison Area Technical College) is a comprehensive community and technical college located in Madison, Wisconsin. This position supports the growth, success, and retention of international students at Madison College. This position recruits new international students and converts new applicants into enrollments, based on strategic goals of the college and Center for International Education (CIE). This position performs recruitment duties that will entail providing recommendations for development and design of international student recruitment strategy, analysis of market trends, as well as person to person recruitment. This position delivers programming and services to support international student success including facilitating housing placement, cross-cultural engagement activities, student social and academic success, and retention. This position coordinates student programs and engagement strategies as well as individualized student case management to facilitate student success.
This position reports to the Director of International Education, and is housed in the Center for International Education Office.
See official job posting at: http://jobs.madisoncollege.edu/postings/12226
The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Collaboratively develops and implements an annual international student recruitment plan with the Director of International Education that supports college marketing and enrollment management goals.
- Creates action plan(s) to meet current yield goals.
- Identifies and implements targeted recruitment activities.
- Collaborates with CIE Director and other institutional and external stakeholders to develop marketing and recruitment strategies that support institutional goals.
- Uses database data to track and monitor student inquiries and matriculation and uses data to adjust recruitment strategy and techniques.
- Identifies best practices and participates in the investigation, development, and implementation of new services and processes in response to international student recruitment needs and trends.
- Generates international student inquires and enrollments for Madison College.
- Organizes and implements various on and off-campus programs and activities designed to increase international student inquiries, applicants and enrollments.
- Implements the use of technology to manage communications and engage with prospective students.
- Assists with creating materials and messages for website, brochures and other promotional materials.
- Adapts activities and strategies appropriately to the needs of targeted audiences.
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external to the college.
- Assists students with the transition from applicant to enrollee and supports student success, retention and graduation.
- Works as a liaison between prospective students and other college staff to successfully transition students to Madison College.
- Maintains knowledge and advises students of international student admissions policies and procedures including F and J visa requirements, SEVIS reporting, and specific international admissions processes.
- Uses PeopleSoft student information system, Terra Dotta database and other records systems to access student information for the purpose of admissions advising to prospective students.
- Advises prospective students in matters of career alternatives, program selection, and navigating college systems and processes.
- Monitors student success and advises students on resources available for student support and actions needed for attainment of students’ academic goals.
- Provides evidence of impact on the achievement of student learning and developmental outcomes.
- Represents the college to external audiences for the purpose of showcasing the college and generating international student inquiries, applications and enrollments.
- Participates in independent international travel including but not limited to recruitment fairs, conferences, embassy visits, and partner institution meetings.
- Provides a positive image for the college at events including international recruitment fairs, partner school visits, and other events locally, nationally and internationally.
- Develops and implements fiscally responsible budgets for travel and maintains appropriate records to track expenses and projects.
- Develops marketing materials and strategies to showcase the college and generate enrollments.
- Collaborates with college Communications and Strategic Marketing department and/or external agencies to develop effective and aesthetically pleasing print marketing materials that showcase the college and international student opportunities.
- Collaborates with web authors and others to create effective web pages and online presence to showcase the college and international student opportunities.
- In collaboration with the CIE Director, liaises with external partners in developing country-specific online strategies to increase brand and awareness of Madison College in international student markets.
- Collaborates with Student Life Multicultural Programs and other stakeholders to develop and implement student engagement activities.
- Develops and implements programs designed to foster international and domestic student peer engagement, as well as to increase campus awareness and understanding of global and cultural issues.
- Assists Center for International Education team with various events or activities.
7. Demonstrates a commitment to the college mission, vision and values.