Join CFHI's Programs Team, based in San Francisco, in the role of Assistant Director, Latin America. The Programs Team manages all of CFHI's international partnerships and programs, academic partnerships, and student enrollment and support. This role reports to the Director of Programs and provides stewardship and leadership for CFHI's programs in Latin America. You will work directly with students, international partners, and academic partners to ensure high-quality, ethical programming for pre-health, health, and interdisciplinary students of all levels.
Program Management- 55%
- Under the supervision of the Director of Programs, ensure that the planning and implementation of programs in Latin America is in accordance with organizational mission, vision, and values
- Ensure program daily operations and student services are properly administered
- Ensure monthly program information for Latin America is mailed/emailed to participants and partners
- Collaborate with Associate Director of Innovations to ensure professional and smooth transition of individual programs and relevant academic partnerships
- Develop or tailor existing programs serving needs of academic partnerships and support their successful implementation through work with faculty, administrators, students, and international partners
- Meet or exceed pre-determined enrollment/recruitment goals for student enrollment through academic partnerships
- Field information on a bi-annual basis from international partners to ensure all program materials are clear and accurate
- Liaison with partners, relevant CFHI SF staff, and others to develop, implement, and evaluate community health projects and professional development opportunities at partner sites
- Serve as main liaison with international partners in Latin America regarding program issues (fluent Spanish required).
- Collaborate with Associate Director of Innovations and Programs Team to ensure coherent operations on overlapping academic partnerships and programs
- Respond to incidents and problems related to student programs and follow appropriate procedures in consultation and agreement with the Program Director and/or Executive director.
- Share responsibility as one of two main contacts on-call for 24-hour emergency calls from program participants and partners as necessary.
- In consultation with the Director of Programs, negotiate, write, and standardize academic and international partner contracts as needed for approval by Executive Director
- Expectation of up to 8 weeks of international travel per year to existing and potential partner sites aligned with strategy, quality assurance, and budgets
- Expectation of up to 4 weeks of domestic travel per year for conferences, university visits, outreach fairs, and other events.
- On a bi-annual annual basis and as needed, prepare and submit budgets for Latin America
- Conduct a monthly review of student evaluations for programs in Latin America and implement necessary changes in coordination with other CFHI SF team
- Following conferences and other professional development, implement program changes based on new information learned. Share information with local staff.
- Support the Director of Programs as needed with special projects, new programs, etc.
Communication and Reporting – 15%
- Provide biannual reports for Program Director covering status of Latin America programs
- Answer higher level global health education program inquiries and work individually with students with special program requirements (phone/email)
- Answer overflow student inquiries as required in collaboration with program assistant
- Make presentations and lead seminars on global health education programs at universities and conferences
- Translation of documents into Spanish/English as necessary
- Contribute to outreach activities including development of custom fliers and other collateral for academic partnerships, contributions to the annual report, blogs, and others.
Partner relationship management – 25%
- Build and facilitate international and domestic partnerships per strategic goals
- Maintain regular communications with international partners through regularly scheduled calls and ongoing email communication
- Maintain regular communications with Academic partners through regular informational emails and mailings and as needed through calls, in-person meetings, and emails
- Travel to program sites for evaluation, problem solving, quality control and mediation as required
- Negotiate, write, and standardize international partner contracts annually for approval by Program and Executive Directors
Continuous Quality Improvement- 5%
- Ensure continuous implementation of improvement measures
- Maintain a working knowledge of developments and trends in the field of global health education and international exchange
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of US State Dept. information; request and compile political and risk assessment updates from partners as needed.