UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Illinois International Programs
Associate Director of International Safety and Security
12 months, 100%
Propose, develop, and coordinate policies, procedures and activities that support the safety and well-being of Illinois students, faculty and staff traveling abroad for study or university business. Provide global emergency and response services for the campus.
- Serve as first responder to all crises or perceived crises abroad.
- Supervise day-to-day operation of and provide organizational leadership to International Safety and Security including managing academic professional employee (hiring, delegating, training, evaluating).
- In cooperation with other campus units, coordinate safety and security projects, resources and services, including study abroad emergency preparedness and response plans.
- Implement administrative procedures related to student, faculty and staff safety and security.
- Deliver safety and security training for faculty, staff and students through workshops and orientation programs; develop safety and security related print and electronic publications; and serve as media liaison.
- In partnership with other campus units and administrators, develop and maintain safety and security related policies and procedures for the campus.
- Implement regular assessments of crisis management plans in campus programs.
- Oversee the International Travel Registration process for the campus.
- Facilitate meetings and coordinate activities of the Illinois International Risk and Response Committee (established in 2014).
- Provide leadership and service to the field of international education, including through membership and participation in relevant professional associations, and build a network with peers at other institutions.
- Work evening and weekend hours when needed.
- Occasional international and domestic air travel.
This position reports to the Executive Director for Administration and Management of Illinois International Programs who reports to the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Global Strategies who reports to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost.
Starting Date: As soon as possible after closing date.
In order to ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, contact information for three references by 2/24/17. Applicants are encouraged to specifically relate their backgrounds and experience to the requirements of the position as outlined above.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
507 E. Green St, Suite 404, MC-417
Champaign, IL 61820
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.