The State University of New York (SUNY) seeks a Program Assistant in the Office of Global Affairs (OGA), located at SUNY System Administration in Albany, New York.
Reporting to the Director of International Programs, the Program Assistant is responsible for the following:
- Work with Financial Manager to analyze budget data and monthly expenditures;
- Provide expense estimates and proposed program activities to the annual budget for OGA;
- Review and process requests for payments and reimbursements, work with OGA office staff to provide appropriate documentation;
- Review and process requests for payments and reimbursements for OGA staff travel, work with staff to provide appropriate documentation; review/reconcile travel card statements for staff each month;
- Working with Global Partnerships Manager, responsible for management of OGA web site. Update and maintain time-sensitive web content and materials. Assure web-based information is archived for future needs and reference;
- Provide IT support for the office, including campus-wide surveys, event management applications, PDF form creation, Excel reports, etc.;
- Provide assistance for OGA staff in the use of SharePoint software. Create, customize, and manage OGA subsites and lists as directed;
- Maintain and improve record of submissions of applications for approval of study abroad programs submitted by all 64 SUNY campuses. Review status of programs, and issue program codes. Respond to inquiries from campuses regarding submissions;
- Improve and maintain system for keeping records for university partnership programs;
- Working with other OGA team members, plan visits of overseas partner university representatives to SUNY campuses; arrange transportation, accommodations, meetings, and necessities for international visitors to OGA;
- Working with other OGA team members, plan domestic and international travel and activities for OGA staff;
- Coordinate projects including special events and conferences; manage arrangements for special events (location, approvals, food, equipment, transportation, invitations, payments, etc.);
- Assist with SUNY-wide study abroad representation at various college fairs;
- Periodic domestic and international travel may be required.
Required: Bachelor's degree, excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Preferred: knowledge in SUNY or New York State travel and budgetary procedures.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online at www.suny.edu/SUPEmployment. Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
State University of New York System Administration is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, or retaliation.