ELL Admission Counselor
As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,200 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna's unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University's 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The ELL Admission Coordinator will collaborate with the Director of International Admission and the ELL Program Director to develop and execute a comprehensive communication and recruiting plan to enroll ELL students at Susquehanna and then recruit ELL graduates into full-time degree study as Susquehanna undergraduates. The most important component of job success, among multiple priorities, is meeting the designated enrollment number and net revenue goal for ELL and for successfully recruiting from ELL into Susquehanna degree programs.
• Build and execute, under supervision of the Director of International Admission, an email communication plan to move students from inquirers to applicants to matriculants.
• Respond within 24 hours to ELL study inquiries from a variety of sources including web requests, purchased lists of potential students and agent referrals.
• Develop and nurture agent relationships to secure a pipeline of prospective ELL students.
• Travel to appropriate international and domestic college fairs and other programs directed at recruiting ELL students to study in the US at Susquehanna.
• Build and maintain ELL applicant files including all required documents and prepare applications for review by the ELL Program Director.
• Send admit and deny letters to ELL candidates and coordinate with the ELL Program Director and International Student Services on communication related to housing, orientation, etc.
• Develop and execute a multi-modal plan of yield strategies to ensure that students admitted to our ELL program will enroll. This will include phone, text messages, letters, email and personal meetings on campus as appropriate.
• Recruit ELL students who are completing the program to enroll as degree-seeking students at Susquehanna.
• Advise ELL students and families regarding application procedures and undergraduate admission requirements, scholarship opportunities, academic programs, residence life, etc.
• Attain and maintain SEVIS certification to prepare and issue I-20 and other documents immediately upon confirmation that ELL students will enroll.
• Work with the Director for International Admission and the International Student Services intern to create and issue I-20's for degree-seeking students.
• Participate in ELL student social activities and develop recruiting relationships with the students as appropriate.
• Collaborate with current students, staff, faculty, alumni and other stakeholders that assist with the recruitment of students.
Bachelor's Degree required. Preference will be given to graduates of Susquehanna University or a liberal arts institution.
No previous admission experience is required but preference will be given to those who have experience in general admission work or in international recruiting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
The successful candidate will be exceptionally responsive to student inquiries and applications; display the ability to develop a plan and work independently; develop and deploy engaging communication streams; execute successful yield activities; demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills; and the sensitivity and responsiveness to build effective recruiting relationships with a diverse constituency. The candidate will be able to set priorities and work collaboratively within a high-functioning team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully recruit international students.
• High attention to detail with the ability to develop and implement an ELL recruiting plan.
• Must be eligible to serve as a DSO/ARO.
• The capacity to effectively initiate and implement projects independently.
• Knowledge of the Susquehanna ELL program opportunities and the overall value of a Susquehanna liberal arts and sciences education.
• Exceptional skills communicating in writing and over the phone.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people and commitment to diversity.
• Ability to converse with applicants and parents to determine what they are really looking for in their college experience, to portray Susquehanna as a great fit (assuming it is), and the capacity to secure the enrollment deposit.
• Knowledge of appropriate sales strategies and yield activities in the recruitment process.
• Knowledge of and ability to use a variety of social media platforms.
• Willing to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
• Ability to represent the office and the University in a professional manner.
Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time; be able to carry and transport 40 pounds of material and or equipment; must be able to work nights and weekends throughout the year; must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time for required travel.
Benefits Eligible Yes
Number of Months 12 months
Full-Time/Part-Time Full Time
Work Schedule/Hours per Week 40 hpw
Posting date 02/13/2017
Closing date 04/01/2017
Open Until Filled No
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/1071
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency