University of Cincinnati
Academic Affairs and Provost Division
UC International – Planning
The University of Cincinnati serves the people of Ohio, the nation, and the world as a premier, public, urban research university dedicated to undergraduate, graduate, and professional education, experience-based learning, and research. We are committed to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff, and all of our activities. We provide an inclusive environment where innovation and freedom of intellectual inquiry flourish. Through scholarship, service, partnerships, and leadership, we create opportunity, develop educated and engaged citizens, enhance the economy and enrich our University, city, state and global community.
UC International at the University of Cincinnati has three distinct offices that assist in facilitating opportunities for international education experiences and cultural exchanges to the UC Community and our global strategic partners around the world: International Programs, International Services, and International Planning. International Programs provided opportunities for 1700 students to study abroad in 2015-16 and ranks 37th among U.S. universities in sending students to study abroad. International Services provided immigration assistance and welcoming services to over 4300 international students and scholars in 2015-16 and ranks 5th worldwide as the most welcoming university according to the International Student Barometer. International Planning facilitates collaborations between our international partners and UC colleges/departments, so that we can provide our students and faculty with outstanding experiences through exchange programs, collaborative research, and global engagement that strengthen international education and innovation.
UC International is looking for an Assistant Vice Provost position, to serve a three year appointment, that will report directly to the Vice Provost of UC International Affairs. The position will support the Vice Provost and the UC International Planning Office, in carrying out its international objectives of seeking out new strategic partnerships and strengthening existing ones. The position will engage with our partners and strive to provide the best global engagement opportunities for our students, faculty, staff, and the larger UC Community.
Primary duties of Assistant Vice Provost for UC International:
- Responsible for initially leading and overseeing 3 of our 7 global strategy areas: Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America and possibly Northern Africa and the Middle East as needed
- Identify universities of similar programmatic diversity and size to form new partnerships with UC
- Work to develop broad and deep collaborative relationships with new international partners as well as strengthen existing ones
- Collaborate with international partners to establish a wide range of educational and culturally diverse opportunities for additional study abroad and exchange programs to benefit UC students
- Introduce faculty and our strategic partner institutions to each other to facilitate collaborations
- Encourage UC faculty to develop courses and curriculum development with an international component in collaboration with our international strategic partners
- Assist in facilitating faculty of UC colleges and departments that have an interest in engaging in international exchange programs with our network global partners
- Prepare agreements and contracts that outline mutually agreed upon responsibilities and initiatives between UC and our international partners
- Increase the UC brand in each of the identified strategy regions to further increase and diversify our international student population
- Travel extensively to perform site visits and to establish and strengthen relationships with our international partner institutions
- Execute all other duties as assigned by the Vice Provost for International Affairs