Assistant Vice President for International Affairs & Senior International Officer
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) for International Affairs and Senior International Officer is an Administrator Ill position within the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the University President. The AVP reports directly to the Dean of the Division of Continuing and Global Education with an indirect reporting responsibility to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
As a senior-level administrator, the AVP for International Affairs provides strategic leadership for the development, operation; and administration of a full range of international education programs at Fresno State. In this capacity, the incumbent is responsible for the fulfillment of the University's internationalization vision as specified in both Academic Affairs' and the University's strategic plans. The incumbent will serve as a senior member of the Continuing and Global Education Leadership team. They will have direct responsibility supervising approximately 10 employees in International Student Services and Programs with responsibility for international admissions, international student advising, international recruitment, and student travel study, as well as a wide array of other functions that support campus international activities.
- Serve as the Senior International Officer for the campus, serving as the primary point of contact to the Chancellor's Office for issues relating to international affairs.
- Develop, administer, and assess a full range of recruitment activities in order to support the increase in enrollment of international students at the University, and be accountable for attaining annual enrollment goals.
- Direct all international (non-immigrant) admissions processing in concert with affiliated University offices and departments.
- Excluding visas issued by the American English Institute, oversee the processing and administration of visas issued by the University, and ensure that the campus meets all federal regulations required by the Department of Homeland Security, Department of State, and other agencies.
- Oversee and administer the Study Abroad International and International Exchanges program.
- Administration of a diverse set of study abroad, exchange, and travel study programs for matriculated students of the University, and
- Implementation of measures to increase the amount of students participating in such programs.
- Oversee and coordinate credit-bearing college-level international programs including short-term faculty-led travel.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Finance and Administration of the Division of Continuing and Global Education, be responsible for the fiscal operation of travel study programs, including the management and compliance of MOU's, articulation agreements and contracts with international partners.
- Implement and ensure compliance with a wide range of campus and system policies, executive orders, coded memorandums, legal statutes, and regulations from local, state, and federal agencies related to international programs.
- Develop, implement and promote a range of faculty international opportunities, including Fulbright opportunities.
- Direct and administer a wide range of student support services, including orientation, advising, leadership development, retention, and degree completion for all international students.
- Develop and oversee cultural integration programs, including International Coffee Hour, International Culture Night, International Commencement, International Education Week, and related activities, with the goal of promoting and enhancing international education among the campus community.
- In collaboration with the Dean of the Division of continuing and Global Education, develop rich, meaningful community relationships leading to philanthropic revenue to offset the cost of outbound study abroad experiences.
- Coordinate and administer the University's 1+2+1, 2+2, 3+1, and related international programs.
- Collaborate with the American English Institute in order to promote seamless transition to University study and increase international student enrollment.
- Perform a wide range of managerial responsibilities including:
- Human Resources Administration- interview, hire, train, coach, and evaluate a variety of positions reporting to the AVP.
- Program Development - determine, establish, monitor, and adjust program goals and priorities.
- Financial Administration - Collaborating with the Dean of the Division of Continuing and Global Education, maintain, develop and administer annual departmental and program budgets and ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Policy Application and Enforcement -develop, interpret, and enforce policies and procedures within the operations under the incumbent's control.
- Crisis Management - respond to international crisis ensuring the safety of Fresno State students, staff and faculty and maintain excellent communication with campus stakeholders.
- Strategic Leadership -develop and implement short and long term and strategic plans for the areas under the incumbent's responsibility.
- Advise and counsel international students on a wide variety of student-related issues, as necessary.
- Actively advocate for international student issues and for international education across the campus, serving as a spokesperson on these topics as needed.
- Promote professional growth, development of team work, and strong ethics across all operations under the AVP.
- Consult with and recommend changes to policies of relevant regulatory bodies and campus groups as they relate to international students and international education.
- Provide leadership for the selection and awarding of the Hans L. and Anna Beck Scholarship.
- Provide leadership for the advancement and development of fundraising efforts for international programs at the University, including student scholarships and endowed professorships.
- Collaborate with the Office of Student Activities and Leadership Development in order to cultivate and expand student clubs and organizations involved in international issues.
- Coordinate efforts to develop and promote the internationalization of all aspects of the University's curricula and programs.
- Develop linkages to the international communities in and around Fresno State.
- An earned master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education relating to the areas under the responsibility of the AVP;
- Four years of progressively responsible administrative experience in an international programs environment.
- 12 months of experience directly supervising full-time employees.
- An earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution of higher education, with experience in an academic leadership role;
- One to five years of experience in international recruiting, specifically in public institutions of higher education.
- 12 months of experience directly supervising full-time unionized employees.
Applications received by March 30, 2017 will be reviewed for minimum qualifications and given full consideration by the hiring manager and/or search committee. Qualified applicants received after that date will be forwarded upon request to the hiring manager and/or search committee.
Individuals interested in being considered for this position should submit an on-line application and attach the following supporting documents: 1) resume, 2) letter of interest which includes a narrative detailing how the candidate fulfills each of the required and preferred items listed under Qualifications, and 3) names, email addresses and telephone numbers of three references who can provide current assessments of the candidate's qualifications for the position.
Pursuant to Executive Order 883, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply:
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at: http://jobs.csufresno.edu/
Pursuant to the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of individual's eligibility to be employed in the United States.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be satisfactorily completed (as determined by the CSU) before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may be the basis for rescinding an offer of employment and/or affect the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.
California State University, Fresno annual security report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Fresno State, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to or accessible from the campus. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, alcohol/drug use, crime prevention, reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Campus Police Department or by accessing the following web site: http://www.fresnostate.edu/adminserv/police/clery/index.html
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. You can obtain a copy of this Executive order by accessing the following web site: http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
This position may be a designated position in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Other Applicant Information:
Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application materials via automatic email reply. In addition, qualified applicants will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process.
This is a full-time management position covered by the California State University Management Personnel Plan. Under this plan, employees are subject to management reviews and serve at the pleasure of the University President of that campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Order 883 prohibits discrimination and Executive Order 927 prohibits harassment, on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity, per HR 2004-12), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Retaliation against individuals for complaining about these proscribed conduct, opposing such conduct, or participating in an investigation or proceeding involving such conduct is prohibited by both executive orders.
Further, the California State University, Fresno's statement of commitment to equal employment opportunity principles is also found in the various collective bargaining agreements.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University's mission is to offer high-quality educational opportunities to qualified students at the bachelor's and master's levels, and in certain applied disciplines, at the doctoral level. The current student enrollment is approximately 23,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and world. California State University, Fresno promotes student learning and community engagement through faculty scholarship and service learning opportunities in collaboration with community organizations, educational institutions, industry, business and government. The University was one of the first U.S. Colleges and Universities to be selected by The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for its Community Engagement Classification.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 600,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley on the western edge of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. The campus is within easy driving distance of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, the Monterey Peninsula, Lake Tahoe, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency