Position Director of Financial Aid
Location Position can be located at either campus (Gettysburg or Philadelphia)
Purpose The Director of Financial Aid is a member of the Student Services and Enrollment staff and supports the mission of ULS through oversight and administration of federal and institutional financial aid funds and services. This position performs standard financial aid duties such as needs analysis, verification, loan processing, return to title IV, satisfactory academic progress monitoring, and coordinates with Advancement on scholarship acknowledgement activities.
Reports Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment
Travel 30% + (expected to be a regular presence on both campuses)
- Coordinate all financial aid programs, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures, including the federal work-study program.
- Monitor, approve, and/or revise all financial aid packaging for all qualified applicants in accordance with federal, state, institutional, and other policies and procedures.
- Oversee the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and Return of Title IV Funds processes. Oversee coordination of student loan processing between students, federal government, and the institution. Oversee Title IV refunds and repayments, including U.S. Department of Education and National Student Loan Data System notifications. Work with Business Office and student accounts personnel to ensure accurate and timely exchange of information and awards between school information systems. Oversee reconciliation process.
- Administer appeals process related to SAP and Special Circumstances. Notify students of appeal outcomes and counsel students on available options.
- Implement, modify, and maintain the application intake and tracking process for proper documentation of all awards for audit trail. Maintain fund control records in accordance with funding level limitations. Assist in the completion of federal, state, and institutional reports including applications for federal funding and reports on the expenditures of funds allocated, such as the FISAP. Coordinate internal reconciliation efforts and prepare reports for reviewing entities, such as auditors, program reviewers, and accreditation teams.
- Develop and conduct financial aid presentations and participate in outreach activities, suchas New Student Outreach, Orientation, Registration, Financial Aid workshops, etc. Meet with prospective students when they visit campus.
- Update all publications (website, college catalog, and other media) relating to financial aid, such as financial aid applications, forms used for tracking applications, correspondence forms, and brochures. Provide training and materials to seminary staff regarding the financial aid process.
- Counsel and advise students regarding financial need and recommend financial aid solutions and resources. Research, coordinate and communicate to students scholarship opportunities that are not campus-based.
- Maintain, research and document information regarding Cost of Attendance as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of college financial aid policies, procedures, and programs. Attend trainings/conferences as necessary to keep knowledge current. Recommend and implement revisions to policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and college policies related to financial aid and scholarships.
- Assist advancement staff in managing, awarding and acknowledging gifts designed for scholarships.
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President of Student Services and Enrollment.