- High level of individual initiative and creativity
- Ability to work with limited supervision and successfully within a team
- Ability to resolve practical problems independently
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to consistently meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
- Working knowledge of, and experience with the use of database management systems and with the production of invoices, data, queries, reports, and forms
- Working knowledge of Mail Chimp or similar and the creation of email campaigns and mailing lists
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Apple OS
- Ability to rapidly learn and use new technological tools
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals from around the world in person, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, team members and staff
- Ability to comfortably explain various programs and opportunities primarily via telephone and email
- Self-motivated in a non-traditional work environment
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Relevant experience in member services or similar role is required. One year required; two or more years preferred
- Eligible to work legally in the United States
CRM or Association Membership Software
Google Apps experience
Mail Chimp or similar experience
Understanding Social Media Applications
Knowledge of other Adobe programs (InDesign)
Basic knowledge of international student recruitment/international education
Understanding role of educational associations and certification/accrediting bodies
Flexibility, creativity, the ability to prioritize assignments and to work independently is valued. All staff members are required to work at the AIRC annual conference in December and typically at a national event which includes Memorial Day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required.
- This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
- Basic math skills needed to calculate formulas, commissions, discounts, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
AIRC offers paid personal time off and retirement savings with employer contribution after the eligibility period is met.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
In the cover letter, please address the following:
Tell us how you qualify for this position. Include the following: a summary of your resume outlining your qualifications that are relevant to this position, why you are interested in this position, how you heard about the position and your salary requirements.
AIRC is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description will be reviewed periodically as functions and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.