Bridgewater State University’s Office of Study Abroad is committed to advocating for our students, promoting international and intercultural understanding, and advancing academic learning. We promote and support international education through opportunities such as semesters abroad, travel courses, study away programs, international student teaching, international internships and global service-learning programs. Our office provides study abroad advising, sponsors educational activities, and coordinates pre-departure and re-entry programming for our students. As a unit within the Dr. Edward W. Minnock Center for International Engagement, the Office of Study Abroad actively contributes to the University’s comprehensive global engagement mission and goals.
Under the leadership of the Director of Study Abroad, the Study Abroad Coordinator will support and advance students’ successful participation on a variety of study abroad and study away experiences and contribute to the University’s global engagement goals. The Study Abroad Coordinator will work closely with interested and participating students and collaboratively with colleagues to increase participation rates including among under-represented populations.
This is an exempt, APA unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
• Assist the director with day-to-day management of the Study Abroad Office and implementation of related programs, policies, budgets and initiatives.
• Provide academic and program advising to students participating on study abroad programs.
• Manage study abroad enrollment for BSU travel courses and semester programs.
• Develop a communication and outreach plan for student recruitment, enrollment and success that includes comprehensive annual campus and social media campaigns.
• Develop, execute and assess an annual calendar of related study abroad programs, events, and workshops.
• Assist the director with managing the annual operating and program budgets.
• Provide programming support to the International Teacher Placement Program.
• Coordinate and collaborate with BSU academic, student and financial divisions and departments relevant to study abroad program management and issues.
• Develop, manage and assess the Study Abroad Student Alumni Ambassador Program.
• Provide day-to-day supervision of study abroad student staff including graduate assistant and student workers.
• Liaise with appropriate BSU study abroad international institutional partners and U.S. and foreign government agencies to coordinate BSU study abroad enrollment management.
• Assess and monitor student needs and trends as they relate to study abroad; recommend new initiatives and programs to meet those needs based on best practices.
• Represent BSU and the Study Abroad Office at appropriate professional associations and conferences and engage in organizational leadership activities.
• Participate on BSU committees and task forces where appropriate and when time permits.
• Attend related trainings, workshops, and conferences, as time and situation permit, to remain current on topics and best practices in international education and study abroad.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.