INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment allowing them to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 23 universities in the US, United Kingdom and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham and Washington State University.
This position will report to the Director – Governments, Institutional Links & Sponsors (GILS).
INTO is looking for an energetic and methodical self-starter to take responsibility for establishing and building relationships with key sponsoring organizations based in the US, principally in Washington DC. Representing all INTO’s Joint Venture centers and partner universities in the US, the Sponsor Relations Manager will position INTO as a solutions-provider able to help sponsors enroll students successfully in appropriate courses across a range of locations. Through the development of these relationships, and with the support of INTO centers, this role will drive growth in sponsored enrollments at all US centers.
Key accountabilities and duties
This is a new role and wonderful opportunity to contribute in a growing, dynamic organization. The responsibilities of the position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
- Establish relationships with key staff in major sponsoring organizations, with an initial focus on Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman, UAE, Qatar and Indonesia.
- Research and report on current and future trends in sponsoring programs, acting as a source of reliable and up-to-date information for the INTO network across the US.
- Act as first point of contact for sponsors, recommending suitable INTO programs for their students and handling, in conjunction with center staff, enquiries and issues that arise about students who are already studying with INTO.
- Coordinate and arrange visits to sponsoring organizations for INTO center staff, ensuring each major sponsor receives regular visits.
- Represent the INTO network at relevant conferences and other events.
- Work closely with colleagues across INTO centers, the Applications Processing Center, Regional Offices and Head Offices to ensure a smooth information flow about sponsored programs and any issues with sponsored students.
- Develop a recruitment plan to enable forecasting of sponsored enrollments.
This position is based in INTO University Partnerships’ office in Washington DC.
Some travel in the US and internationally will be necessary. Flexibility is required to meet the demands of the position, including working outside of normal operating hours.
Commensurate with experience, plus a full benefits package.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful applicant will be educated to a Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in higher education
- Confident self-starter who thrives on independent working within a distributed team
- Knowledge and experience of Gulf countries and cultures
- Experience of working with sponsoring organizations
- Experience of influencing decision-makers through strong personal relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Outstanding people skills, across cultural and linguistic barriers
- Experience of living and working in a Gulf country
- International student recruitment experience
- Foreign language skills, particularly Arabic
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM systems
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please click the following link to submit your cover letter and resume:
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD A SINGLE DOCUMENT. BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL YOUR PAGES TOGETHER AS ONE UPLOAD. ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK AND EDIT OR REAPPLY.
Review of applications for this position will begin immediately.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.