SEVIS Management, Visa Document Preparation & Reporting:
• Serve as Oberlin’s official liaison to federal government agencies as the Principal Designated School Official (PDSO), ensuring compliance with immigration regulations.
• Research, interpret, and apply federal and institutional rules and policies to the specific situations of international students in F-1 non-immigrant status.
• Authorize and facilitate immigration benefits (OPT and CPT) for F-1 students in the SEVIS federal database.
• Monitor, report, and submit required information and documentation to federal governmental agencies via SEVIS and ISSM and to sponsors as permitted under FERPA.
Programming & Advising, International Student Resource Center:
• Provide support, advising, and community development for international students related to academic, social and personal matters than can impact academic success.
• Assist students on matters related to logistical, financial, health, travel, taxes, Social Security Numbers, state driver’s licenses, etc.
• Offer educational programs on a wide variety of subjects: academic research opportunities, curricular and co-curricular initiatives, career readiness workshops, and more.
• Build collaborative relationships with administrative offices that work closely with international students.
• Coordinate the international student orientation and continuing orientation.
• Serve in the rotation of deans on call as part of the College’s 24-hour crisis response team, which consists of deans, Residential Education on-call staff, counselors on call, and the Department of Safety and Security.
• Participate in the class dean system or other general student advising.
Other duties as assigned.