Director, International Market Development
Job ID: VC20171702-23852
The College Board, a national educational organization, is conducting a search for a Director of International Market Development. The ideal candidate is an experienced account manager who will further develop relationships in the Middle East and South Asia to increase awareness of AP, pre-AP and the SAT suite of assessments. The Director, International Market Development will be responsible for expanding the College Board's reach in the in Middle East and South Asia: strengthening relationships with current constituents and potential customers; and building strategic partnerships through deep understanding and knowledge of the market. Experience working in Middle East and South Asia in a similar capacity is of particular interest.
This position reports to a senior director in our International division, and is based in our New York City headquarter office. The position requires up to 40% travel.
- Develop and execute strategic business plans to drive adoption of College Board programs (AP, pre-AP, PSAT, SAT) in the Middle East & South Asia to meet volume and growth goals. Maintain existing relationships and build new relationships with key decision-makers and influencers in schools, school networks, provincial/state agencies, national Ministries of Education, and other educational partners in the region to grow College Board program usage
- Execute on all activities that will help meet volume and growth goals such as meeting with outside individuals or groups to provide information about College Board programs, conducting workshops, and delivering presentations and product demonstrations
- Manage and communicate effectively with independent contractors in the region to identify and execute on opportunities for College Board program expansion
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of College Board programs and expertly articulate the value proposition of these programs to government leaders, school leaders, educators, students, parents, and other influencers in education in the region
- Build College Board's reputation and brand with constituents in the region
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management software up-to-date with relevant institutional customer information, such as leads, contacts, opportunities, and agreements
- Assist with resolution of escalated issues from schools/parents/educators and ensure appropriate response by College Board programs and functional units
- A Bachelor's degree is required, an advanced degree in education, business, or another relevant field is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience performing market development, account management, sales, or a related function
Related Skills & Other Requirements :
- Experience in the Middle East/South Asia region or in education is a plus
- Ability to think creatively about fresh approaches to challenges
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills, including ability to identify and obtain needed data to confirm/backup hypotheses
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Strong ability to create and deliver effective presentations to external constituents
- Excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) strategy
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively (up to 40%)
College Board Benefits
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
If you are interested in joining the College Board's in this position and you meet our qualifications, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and a brief, introductory cover letter through our Careers page at www.collegeboard.org/careers.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®.
The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Desired Travel 25% - 50%
Areas of Expertise Field Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Marketing, K-12
Highest Level of Education Master's Degree
Job Type Full Time
Location New York, NY
Years of Relevant Experience 6-9