Director of International Programs
Department: Dean Of Studies Office
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Position Type: Administrator
Posting Removal Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Number: 1001175
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Position Summary and ResponsibilitiesVassar College announces its search for the Director of International Programs. One of the nation's most selective liberal arts institutions, Vassar takes pride in the active engagement of its students in local, national, and global communities. The Office of International Programs oversees students who study abroad on Vassar-sponsored or other approved programs. The office also supports the Vassar programs in London, St. Petersburg, Clifden, Ireland, Monteverde, and Costa Rica as well as the programs in Berlin, Bologna, Paris, and Madrid that Vassar runs consortially with other colleges and universities. The office also manages Vassar's student exchange programs with foreign universities in Paris, Toyko, Kyoto, Exeter, Toulouse, and Singapore.
- Advise a diverse student population on a wide variety of international programs. Match students' academic and personal interests to appropriate international program(s). Develop and execute events to market and promote study abroad.
- Evaluate applicants for international programs and coordinate approval decisions. Monitor enrollment numbers for a varied portfolio of programs. Support students before and during their study abroad programs. Coordinate institutional response to emergency situations.
- Support Vassar programs and maintain the list of approved third-party programs that meet the requirements of students and faculty. Establish standards of good practice and operations for programs.
- Assess risk for Vassar-sponsored programs. Devise and execute plans to prevent and mitigate risk situations. Evaluate insurance and risk management resources and communicate plans to students, parents, faculty and senior administrators.
- Build budgets, manage finances, and monitor costs for international programs. Coordinate with other Vassar offices on financial aid and billing.
- Analyze and manipulate data to assess college programs and compare with trends in international education.
- Compliance with FERPA, Title IX, and Clery Act requirements.
Required: Master's Degree in International Education or related field and at least five years of experience in education abroad, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired. Knowledge of professional standards of conduct and code of ethics in the field of international education. Experience in international program administration, including project coordination and oversight, staff supervision, budgeting, and risk management. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in and discretion in dealing with sensitive materials. Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially strong intercultural communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and collaborate with academic departments, faculty and across college offices. Significant international experience. Ability to articulate the value of a liberal arts education. Ability to travel and perform site visits. High level of proficiency with higher education software and database management systems. Preferred: Proficiency in at least one foreign language.
Required Applicant Documents
Contact Information for 3 References
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your application, you will be required to attach your cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references (Word or PDF format required). The position will remain open until filled.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
Anticipated Start Date:
Anticipated End Date (If Applicable):
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu.
Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency