INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment allowing them to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 22 universities in the US, United Kingdom and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham and Washington State University.
This position will report to the Recruitment Director, INTO North America.
As a member of the INTO North America Recruitment team (based in Brighton) this position will support students through the F1 visa applications process by organizing and conducting calls to ensure readiness to attend visa interviews and their overall preparedness to study in the US.
Key accountabilities and duties
This is a valued role and wonderful opportunity to contribute in a growing, dynamic organization. The responsibilities of the position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
- Organising and conducting calls with students to determine their readiness to attend their F-1 visa interviews and their overall preparedness to study in the US.
- Recording, sharing and report on the results of the calls.
- Maintaining and enhancing an online survey students complete in preparation for their calls.
- Developing and sharing additional resources to help students successfully prepare for their F-1 visa calls and settlement in the US.
- Other duties as assigned
Your job title does not define or limit your duties and you may be required to carry out other work within your abilities from time to time at our request. We reserve the right to introduce changes in line with technological developments which may impact upon your job duties or methods of working.
The post is based in central Brighton, UK. Occasional extra hours may be necessary and flexibility is required to meet the demands of the post, including occasional weekend working. Although unlikely, the post holder may be reasonably required to work for short periods from any INTO or Partner location at any time.
Some travel in the UK, US and internationally may be necessary. Flexibility is required to meet the demands of the position, including working outside of normal operating hours.
Commensurate with experience, plus a full benefits package.
As part of our Safeguarding procedures, applicants are asked to note that:
- references will be followed up;
- all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily;
- proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required;
- reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason that they should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18;
- appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
This role may meet the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If so, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Serviced check before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from UK
- Educated to A level standard
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Knowledge of the US F-1 visa process
- Knowledge of US immigration regulations
- Extremely high attention to detail and data accuracy
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders to ensure maximum service delivery
- Inherent understanding of the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good level of numeracy
- Demonstrate exceptional planning and time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and manage relationships with colleagues and customers from a range of linguistic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Be confident talking to senior business figures up to director level
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake and learn new tasks
- Approachable, and has the ability to be assertive and constructive when required
- Positive attitudes and behaviours - seeks solutions
- Be able to act under instruction with limited supervision
- Good team player.
- Ability to work with clear systems and processes and produce the required management information.
- Experience with and a passion for international education
- Undergraduate degree
- Understanding of international students’ needs, experience of working in student admissions/student services
- Knowledge of the education systems in other countries
- Use of Salesforce or another similar database and Survey Monkey
- Language skills
- Demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care skills, ideally from a professional services or corporate business perspective
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please click the following link to submit your cover letter and resume:
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO UPLOAD A SINGLE DOCUMENT. BE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL YOUR PAGES TOGETHER AS ONE UPLOAD. ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO BACK AND EDIT OR REAPPLY.
Review of applications for this position will begin immediately.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.