Immigration Service Specialist
Provide specialized immigration advising and cross-cultural assistance to international students; provide advice and assistance to international students in relation to varied immigration status; develop and deliver orientation and other workshops for students and other university departments (as well as assisting with international scholars on an as needed basis). Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves as the Designated School Official (DSO), maintaining the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and all related certification requirements.
- Provides accurate immigration information to international students, monitors and tracks student immigration status, and maintains appropriate files.
- Advises students with immigration petitions and applications to include processing for new F-1 visas, work permits, reinstatement, and reduced course load authorizations, change of status, medical leave and economic hardship employment authorization.
- Coordinates and plans programs that support the unique needs of F-1 international students
- Provides active case management to an assigned caseload of students
- Assists international students with processing applications for work permits, reinstatements, extensions of stay and other immigration related matters.
- Participates in training and maintains a relationship with professional organizations to keep abreast of changes in federal rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned