Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Regional Affairs, this role provides holistic support to NAFSA’s 11 regions as well as key components of NAFSA’s Leadership and Professional Development Services Unit, especially the e-learning portfolio. The majority of the Program Manager’s role supports the work of the regions, including communication, logistics, and administrative support for event and activity planning for all regional activities – most notably the 11 annual conferences led by the regional teams. The Program Manager will provide robust customer service daily to both Regional Affairs as well as e-learning. The Program Manager engages daily with the volunteers and program participants to ensure high-level support and guidance.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
Provide high-touch support and training to regional leaders throughout the year. (30%)
- Revise important training materials for volunteer leaders at various gatherings throughout the year (virtual and/or in-person, if permissible) to support successful Regional Conferences, as well as professional development and other engagements at the regional level.
- Provide technical support to regional leaders utilizing NAFSA systems for regional conferences, including registration, content management, expo sales, etc. Maintain and update training materials for regional leaders on these key topics and liaise with Technology Solutions team.
- Provide support, training, and guidance to “model 1” regional state and local districts for their meetings and activities throughout the year, including event setup and registration technology. Liaise with workshop colleagues to ensure onsite workshops are incorporated if requested by state/district coordinator.
- Liaise with regional leaders, the technology team, and web marketing to ensure regional leaders have training and support to maintain regional content on the CMS platform, and to setup regional elections using NAFSA’s voting system.
- Manage all iMIS and roster updates needed for regional volunteer leaders, including updates in NAFSA systems, as well as end of year certificates and recognition.
Serve as customer service and administrative support for e-learning products, as well as support for designated Leadership and Professional Development Services (LPDS) activities. (30%)
- Serve as first line of communication for email and phone for all NAFSA e-learning products.
- Provide robust customer service support for current e-learning participants, including potential participants.
- Support simple and complex registration needs that may arise, including backend registration, payment by check, group registration, etc. by working closing with technology solutions, accounting, and others.
- Maintain updates to all e-learning products through NAFSA’s Path Learning Management System (LMS) and support participants in receiving certificates of completion.
- Facilitate dean interaction with e-learning participants to encourage ongoing conversation and engagement, as needed.
- Oversee and implement website updates for NAFSA’s e-learning suite of products, and other learning and training products as needed.
- Provide limited support to the Academy Program, as necessary.
- Serve as back-up support for LPDS related activities, especially administrative support for NAFSA’s National Election process.
- Assists Deputy Executive Director on special projects or initiatives as needed.
Serve as lead for resource dissemination and communication for regional executive teams, cohorts, and all regional volunteer leaders. (25%)
- Provide high touch customer service via phone, email, and other virtual platforms for regional volunteers, external stakeholders, and the public.
- Serve as the key staff member responsible for updating the online master calendar of deliverables for annual regional conferences.
- Update relevant information and discussions on Network NAFSA pages, as well as the Regional Collaboration Forum.
- Serve on the NAFSA-wide Network NAFSA working group and report out on challenges and successes. Monitor the networks to ensure adherence to the Code of Conduct.
- Maintain close working relationships with key internal NAFSA colleagues to ensure NAFSA-wide deadlines and priorities are shared with regional leaders and their teams.
- Assist in the promotion/marketing of regional conferences and other regional events as needed with the marketing and membership team.
Ensure and report on regional compliance with association policies and initiatives (10%)
- In close consultation and collaboration with the accounting team and the Associate Director, ensure adequate insurance waivers are obtained for certain regional events and activities.
- Conduct research to ensure regional conference fundraising initiatives fall within the scope of local laws annually.
- At the direction of the Associate Director and internal stakeholders, communicate NAFSA policies and compliance protocols for meeting data privacy, ADA and other compliance requirements to regional leadership.
- Ensure regional leaders get annual training on data privacy, insurance compliance, NAFSA financial systems, ADA, etc.
- Support the Director, as needed, with regional conference hotel site selection and contracting that minimizes overlap in booking.
Perform other duties as assigned to support fulfillment of NAFSA’s strategic objectives and goals (5%)
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least two years of previous work experience
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to critically think about requests and support within the context and knowledge of the program
- Ability to problem solve and support volunteers in the field with diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to work across departments and work styles with ease
- Demonstrated ability to plan, take initiative, set priorities, and exercise judgment with competing and multiple deadlines
- Experience with iMIS or similar membership database software
- Ability to master various technology, web, and data management systems, including conferencing platforms
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products, especially excel
- Experience working with volunteers
- Exposure to or experience in international education or related field, or desired growth and career path in international education
- Previous experience with membership associations or nonprofit organizations
Scope of Supervision
The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference, regional meetings, and other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.
The link to apply is available at: https://nafsa.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/cd57bf78-00a8-58a2-4ae7-cfb2c06633c4/apply?source=2003537-CS-26323