Assistant Director of International Student Services
Williams College seeks a highly-motivated, student-centered individual to work as an Assistant Director for International Student Services (ISS) within the Office of the Dean of Students. This position will report to the Associate Dean and Director of ISS and provide cross-functional support to advising, programming and document processing to our incoming and current international students as well as alumni on practical training. The Assistant Director of ISS is intended to promote workforce diversity by encouraging candidates from underrepresented groups and/or those with a demonstrated interest in diversity, social justice, and multiculturalism to pursue careers in student affairs.
The Office of the Dean of the College is dedicated to supporting students to thrive. We value collegiality, collaboration, and working one-on-one with students, staff and faculty. We believe in meeting students where they are in their development and helping them cultivate skills that will help them both within and outside the classroom.
The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
The successful candidate should:
- Share our passion for student support
- Enjoy meeting new people, making connections, and promoting the value of our office
- Embrace our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Thrive in a small, relationship-driven academic environment
- Serve as designated school official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) in SEVIS and as an administrator in The College’s database Terra Dotta.
- Advise and provide holistic support to international students in coordination with the Associate Dean and Director of ISS.
- Assist in the planning and implementing of international student orientation, intercultural programs, events and workshops offered by ISS and in collaboration with campus partners.
- Create and update compliance and other engagement related messaging and lead in the management of the ISS social media, website and monthly newsletter.
- Serve as an ISS liaison to campus and community partners, International TAPSI house and student organizations.
- Some evening and weekend responsibilities are required
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 or more years of highly relevant experience required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Immigration knowledge and demonstrated experience working with SEVIS and immigration regulations pertaining to F-1 and J-1 status required.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand ever-changing immigration regulations.
- Commitment to supporting undergraduate students in their academic, social, and personal success
- U.S. federal regulations require an ARO and DSO to be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
This is a full-time, year-round appointment, reporting to the Associate Dean and Director of ISS.
Application review will begin on July 26, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. Pay range is from $55,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience. Job band 2-F. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable. A COVID-19 vaccine or approved exemption and participation in our testing program is required as a condition of employment at Williams.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.