About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle is seeking an energetic, customer service focused individual for the Counselor position in the Integrated Student Services Office (ERNIE Central) at the Daytona Beach Campus. ERNIE Central is a centralized service center to provide support to students and families in the areas of financial aid, registration, payments, the student bill, card services, and facilitating any additional student needs. We work closely with our co-workers and partner offices to resolve student issues.
The Counselor will provide start to finish service and clearly communicate to the student information and action items to help resolve the student's requests.
Duties include the following, but are not limited to:
- Learn and become a Subject Matter Expert in the areas of Financial Aid, Registrar and Student Financial Services to be able to assist students with their needs
- Take payments
- Assist students with self-service tasks
- Register students
- Identify trends and bring ideas to improve student service
- Provide excellent start to finish customer service
- Communicate with faculty and staff across campus as necessary to resolve conflicting information
- Bachelor's degree. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a combination of Associate's degree and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Analytical skills with an in-depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications.
- 1-3 years of related work experience in higher education preferred.
- To be considered, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter.