ATP's flight training enrollment is growing, and is seeking a Training Support Specialist for its Training Support Department. The primary responsibility will be to facilitate a great training experience for each student. This will be done by facilitating each student's access to all the resources and logistical capabilities of ATP to complete training on-time and on-budget. The Training Support Specialist local students through the Airline Career Pilot Program and provides an element of "customer service" support along the way.
- Customer service-oriented work experience required
- Aviation experience, specifically an understanding of FAA Certification, required
- Private Pilot Certificate or Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate preferred
- Some college coursework preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
- Works in groups and one on one with students, proactively initiating contact while responding to student needs
- Verifies student schedules are effectively and efficiently built, resulting in a high degree of student success
- Coaches students with scheduling or performance issues and intervenes on behalf of students as needed
- Completes pre-arrival phone calls and checklist to ensure students arrive prepared, conducts day 1 student check ins, and conducts weekly orientation meetings and instructor meetings
- Administer FAA Knowledge Tests via CATS (Computer Assisted Testing Service)
- Schedules and confirms Knowledge Tests, Evaluations, Solo Flights and Checkride milestones are on-track
- Contacts Designated Pilot Examiners (DPE's) for checkride availability, schedules student checkrides, verifies feedback, and facilitates the overall checkride experience for students, instructors, and DPE's.
- Makes contingency plans for weather, maintenance, aircraft and instructor limitations
- Has intimate knowledge of program outline
- Facilitates introductions to other ATP departments in Training, Financing, Housing, etc. as required
- Records and updates student tracking system to reflect student success
- Conducts ATP Housing bi-weekly inspections
- Reports to the Training Support Manager - Florida Region and works with Training Center Flight Standards Instructors (Leads) to ensure safe, efficient, successful Training Center operations
Pay & Benefits
ATP offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Pay based on education/experience
- ATP offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- $15,000 Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Medical coverage (Employer pays 60% of total premiums)
- Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Enrollment (100% Vested with no employer contributions)
- 8 Paid Holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Thanksgiving Friday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)
- 13 Paid Time Off Days per Year (PTO is earned on an accrual based system, meaning you accumulate a little over 1 day of PTO for each month you work. Accrued PTO may be requested upon successful completion of 90 days of employment.)
- Ask about our Training Support Specialist -to- ATP Student -to- Airline Pilot Career Path Benefit!
- Typically - Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, some flexibility is required.
- The physical demands described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, see, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.