Assistant Director of Admissions (Remote Work Opportunity)
Admission Officer 2
Job Code: 7512
Job Grade: G
FTE: 100%, Exempt
Stanford's Online High School is an accredited, diploma-offering, highly selective independent high school, offering courses for grades 7-12. The mission of Stanford Online High School (OHS) is to create a worldwide learning community of diverse, intellectually passionate students and teachers. Through vibrant seminars, the rigorous curriculum challenges students to reason analytically, think creatively, and argue critically. Beyond the classroom, collaborative extracurricular activities cultivate lasting relationships among students and teachers. The school's supportive environment fosters independence, strength of character, and a lifelong pursuit of knowledge.
Stanford Online High School is also the new home of Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies (SPCS), which provides a diverse array of academic enrichment programs that take place mostly in the summer but also throughout the academic year. Held, primarily online, SPCS programs serve intellectually curious pre-college students from around the world.
The Assistant Director of Admissions (ADA) plays a pivotal role in determining which applicants to admit to Stanford OHS and our outreach programs. This role requires a careful understanding of the school's and programs' overall enrollment needs and strategic plans, in addition to the admissions standards and associated processes at the school and programs. In addition to providing first and second reads on applications, the ADA interviews applicants for admission. The ADA will also serve as the point of contact and training leader for at least half of the over 50 seasonal readers for SPCS programs. The ADA will communicate with their caseload of readers weekly, and will be responsible for providing detailed reading feedback to each reader. The ADA takes significant ownership of external communication about the outreach programs. The ADA will work with the Marketing Coordinator to keep websites up to date, ensure email templates are clear, and proofread communications. The ADA will record videos for applicants and will present at live events about the programs. The ADA will also lead a caseload of virtual information sessions for Stanford OHS each fall.
ADA will also serve as project manager for all financial aid processes for the school, for SPCS programs, and for University-Level Online. The ADA will ensure review happens in a timely fashion, will review a caseload of the financial aid applications, will ensure communication timelines are met, and will assist with communication with families as needed.
- Stanford Online High School and Stanford Pre-Collegiate Studies offices are located at the Stanford Redwood City Campus, however this position is eligible for hybrid or remote work arrangement upon mutual agreement. You must be located within the United States of America.*
All employees may be subject to Stanford's travel policy, if relocating from outside of California and are expected to perform work on-site. Please note that you will be subject to all COVID-19 requirements for Stanford employees, which includes being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 pursuant to our vaccination policy.
Your responsibilities include:
- Read, evaluate, recommend and advocate to the Admission Committee on which undergraduate and graduate applicants to consider for admission based on current university priorities.
- Act as project manager on medium to large sized projects/programs by establishing and executing project plans, timelines, tasks, and objectives.
- Conduct informational sessions for internal and external communities on a variety of subjects, (i.e., student life, research, internships, athletics, admissions), based on university priorities.
- Manage assigned geographic territory by researching, compiling and analyzing various demographics data. Create proposal for outreach and present findings to management with recommendations
- Further develop and strengthen relationships with secondary or university personnel, professional organizations, students, parents and alumni.
- Serve as a resource to other departments; represent unit/department at activities and events, meetings, committees and conferences.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent reading comprehension skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make distinctions among competitive applicants.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Program planning skills.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs. Occasional local and overnight travel required.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Prior experience with school admissions and/or financial aid in secondary education higher education.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world with limitless connections and access to knowledge. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the "Apply for Job" button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
- Note: The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7512
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: G
- Department URL: https://as.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 95771