Arkansas State University-Newport, a comprehensive two-year community college within the Arkansas State University System, is seeking a Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management & Student Services. Reporting to the Chancellor, this position oversees the development and application of policies and procedures that affect the student body in the areas of Enrollment Management and Student Services. The Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management and Student Services facilitates the development and implementation of the College’s strategic enrollment management plan, promotes institution-wide recruitment, retention and completion of initiatives, and collaborates with faculty, staff, administration, student organizations, and community groups to ensure all students have access to all resources.
The Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management & Student Services oversees leadership in the following areas of service: Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Life, Center for Educational Access, Enrollment Planning, Veterans’ Affairs, Registrar, and Enrollment Management Communications.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE *
* Master's Degree (M. A.) or equivalent required; Doctorate preferred. Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in education, higher education, school or public administration in a senior leadership role required. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
* Senior level experience in enrollment management required.
* Title IX Certificate or willing to obtain a certificate within one (1) year of employment required.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Creates, assesses, updates, and implements a Strategic Enrollment Management Plan that is data informed and aligns with the mission and vision of the college.
* Defines enrollment management department objectives and ensures that they align with the mission and vision of ASU-Newport.
* In collaboration with the enrollment management team, designs, executes and assesses a comprehensive annual recruitment and retention plan that includes outreach to conferences, exhibits, events, colleges and universities, diverse populations and cultural groups as well as strategic partnerships.
* Leads all recruitment, retention, and completion efforts by creating innovative enrollment strategies to sustain and grow the enrollment numbers at ASU-Newport.
* Works with campus leaders and faculty to determine the best placement methods for students in order to ensure success in their classes.
* Develops fosters and promotes new opportunities with public and private sector entities.
* Works closely with the non-credit area of the College to convert non-credit students to credit students.
* Ensures a comprehensive student life program.
* Ensures a welcoming, accepting, and fair campus environment.
* Recommends, develops, and implements policies and procedures that promote student success.
* Handles student issues related to complaints, conduct, and club activities.
* Monitors academic probation and dismissal.
* Serves on Chancellor’s Cabinet to establish programs and policies that fulfill the mission and vision of the College.
* Formulates and develops student personnel policies, rights to privacy and appropriate disciplinary procedures.
* Oversees the counseling or advising of individuals and groups on matters pertaining to personal problems, educational and vocational objectives, social and recreational activities, and financial assistance.
* Develops and monitors the budget of areas of responsibility.
* Represents the College in community on matters pertaining to student programs and activities.
* Promotes respect for students, faculty and staff and recognizes initiative and excellence.
* Ensures compliance with applicable Federal (e.g. Title IX), State and local laws, policies, and regulations in relation to Board and College policies, including reports as required in the areas of resource allocation and management systems.
* Oversees grants that relate to student services and activities.
* Maintains open communication with the Chancellor.
* Serves on Committees and councils as directed by the Chancellor.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*About the College *
ASUN is one of the state’s fastest-growing community colleges. Established as a stand-alone, two-year college in 2001, our mission is to provide accessible, affordable, quality education that transforms the lives of our students, enriches our communities, and strengthens our regional economy. ASUN’s vision is to be the driving force that revitalizes the Delta and restores the American Dream in the communities we serve. With campus locations in Newport, Jonesboro, and Marked Tree, ASUN offers a wide range of educational opportunities including Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and Associate of Applied Science degrees, technical certificates, certificates of proficiency and lifelong learning opportunities.
*How to Apply *
More information about Arkansas State University-Newport is available at [www.asun.edu](file:///C:/Users/whitney_loftin/Downloads/www.asun.edu). Interested applicants may apply online at [ASUN Job Opportunities](https://www.asun.edu/node/2391).
Questions regarding the application process or requests for assistance to complete the application process should be directed to [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Closing Date*: 07/29/2022