- We regret that the Harvard Kennedy School does not provide visa sponsorship.
- Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
- Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
This is a hybrid position based on our campus in Cambridge, MA. As a campus-based institution, we place a high value on the in-person experience, cross-team collaboration, and strong community building in order to create a vibrant campus for our students, faculty, staff, and research fellows. The position is required to work in-person on campus a minimum of three days per week during the academic year. Specific days and schedule will be determined between you and your manager.
The University requires all Harvard community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters, as detailed in Harvard's Vaccine & Booster Requirements. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. More information regarding the University's COVID vaccination requirement, exemptions, and verification of vaccination status may be found at the University's "COVID-19 Vaccine Information" webpage.
Salary Range: $92,000 - $160,400
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate's relevant experience, and internal equity.
Harvard offers a generous benefits package including:
- Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 12.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
- Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
- Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
- Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
- Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
- Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 8 years' relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience
The Senior Director of Admissions and Financial Aid provides leadership for the overall strategy and integrated delivery of admissions and financial aid functions for Harvard Kennedy School master's degree programs. The Senior Director serves as a key Enrollment Services leader charged with fulfilling the department's vision of being a national leader in recruiting, enrolling, and supporting the most diverse and talented graduate public policy/administration student body.
We are committed to building and fostering a diverse and inclusive team of staff, students, and faculty and we seek candidates who share our commitment and values. The Senior Director is expected to incorporate the principles of Inclusive Excellence and Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging best practices into the strategy and practices of the department. The Kennedy School is seeking a technology and data-driven, bold, and innovative leader with a history of success in enrollment and financial aid management and cultivating a diverse and talented staff committed to ongoing professional development and growth.
- Manage all functions of an efficient, compliant, and student-oriented admissions and financial aid program.
- In partnership with senior leadership, develop and implement an effective and integrated, short- and long-range recruitment, yield, and financial aid strategy
- Maintain knowledge of best practices, new developments, and innovations in enrollment strategies in graduate public policy/administration and higher education
- Serve as the key resource for admissions and financial aid policies and procedures
- Oversee the application review and evaluation process for admission
- Ensure compliance with university admissions and financial aid policies and procedures, including applicable legal rules and regulations with respect to students' rights to privacy and information security
- Direct all activities related to the development and maintenance of required Consumer Information publications, disclosures, and reporting
- Direct activities related to Financial Aid compliance, including but not limited to annual compliance assessments and Federal, State, or Institutional reporting
- Implement, and evaluate recruiting strategies to attract a robust and diverse student body
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean for Enrollment Services and Associate Director of Enrollment Marketing on marketing strategies
- Collaborate with leadership to evaluate and continuously improve admissions and financial aid policies and processes that leverage data and technology for optimal efficiency
- Provide accurate projections and reporting of financial aid funds and the overall financial aid budget
- Direct and oversee financial aid awarding, processing, and distribution of federal, state, and institutional aid to students in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and auditing standards.
- Maximize the strategic impact of available financial aid funds.
- Lead admissions and financial aid goal setting, planning, and process development
- May represent the university at international, national, and local events
- Collaborate with other Degree Program and Student Affairs staff to ensure the success of the overall student experience and actively support Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging efforts
- Develop and implement operational policies, procedures and training for admissions and financial aid staff
- Responsible for effective staff management, including hiring and orientation, training and development, workflow and performance management, and the promotion of an inclusive and innovative work environment
- Develop and manage the department's operational budget to align resources with strategic enrollment goals
- Perform other related duties as assigned