Global Education Advisor
The Reves Center for International Studies at William & Mary invites applicants for the position of Global Education Advisor. The Global Education Advisor will join a team of committed international educators at W&M, a premier public research university located in historic Williamsburg, Virginia, to serve as an integral member of our Global Education Office. The focus of this position is on advising and managing most of W&M’s semester study abroad programs including exchange programs, overseeing the peer advisor program, administering a portfolio of W&M summer faculty-led programs and regional advising support.
Responsibilities: The Global Education Advisor will manage and advise a portfolio of exchange, sponsored semester, and summer faculty-led programs and study abroad options under the guidance of the Senior Associate Director/Deputy Director of Global Education Programs, manage the peer advisor program, provide regional advising for W&M students, help develop GEO’s social media outlets, and contribute to other GEO initiatives. This position is very student-focused and student oriented, and an ideal candidate can look forward to working actively with an engaged group of university students.
Requirements: A successful applicant should possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Considerable knowledge of international practices and principles, student development, and student engagement provisions for college students.
- Knowledge of and experience with cross-cultural issues.
- Experience in student advising and student programming.
- Demonstrated ability to perform program management; implementation of quality programs and services; policy and procedure interpretation, and budget development and resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and navigate multiple projects providing a high-level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheets, database, basic web editing and content management), to produce reports, presentations, and program outcomes.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member utilizing a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to conduct presentations for small and large groups to include a diverse population of faculty, staff, students, visitors, volunteers, community leaders, and other internal and external stakeholders.
Preferred: The preferred candidate will also have one or more of the following qualifications: a Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline; experience with TerraDotta software; experience with social media; experience working with or managing student groups or student workers; in-depth knowledge or experience in one of the following areas: cross-cultural training or experience, experience living abroad, second language skills, study abroad advising experience, experience working in a post-secondary international education setting.
Job close date is September 7, 2022. For more information and to apply for the position, please visit William & Mary's online recruitment system at jobs.wm.edu and reference position #FP638W. This position is currently hybrid (works remotely at least 1 day per week but not full-time). William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching, and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
William & Mary is consistently ranked as one of the top public universities for undergraduate study abroad participation. We've been #1 seven times in the last ten years and in spite of the disruptions caused by COVID, we are currently the #4 public university for study abroad participation. Study abroad is embedded in the W&M undergraduate curriculum, reflecting deep institutional and faculty commitment to global education. Thanks to dedicated donors, GEO awards significant scholarships to reduce financial barriers to global education. The GEO is a dynamic office and talented team which, in a typical year, works with close to 2,000 students at various phases of the study abroad process. In addition, GEO is home to a variety of in-bound international programs hosted at W&M for international students and professionals. We look forward to welcoming a dynamic and student-focused international education professional to the team.
Williamsburg, VA is located approximately an hour from Richmond, VA and is a part of the greater Hampton Roads area, including some of the largest cities in Virginia. Williamsburg often is listed as a top US city destination to visit.
Please view position description here: https://jobs.wm.edu/postings/49988