Senior Student Affairs Manager
4 days left
- Organization Type
- College / University
- Requisition no: 528935
- Work type: Full Time
- Location: Morningside
- School/Department: Dept of Electrical Engineering
- Grade: Grade 12
- Categories: Stdnt Affairs/Educational Admn
- Job Type: Officer of Administration
- Bargaining Unit:
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- End Date if Temporary:
- Hours Per Week: 35
- Salary Range:
Reporting to the Director of Student Affairs, the Senior Student Affairs Manager serves as the primary point of contact for assigned Electrical Engineering students, including undergraduate and graduate students, managing all aspects of the academic issues pertaining to the assigned student population.
The Senior Student Affairs Manager is responsible with ensuring an outstanding educational experience and building a strong sense of community by working with the students as a whole, and with individual groups as assigned by the Director. The Senior Student Affairs Manager provides leadership for their assigned student constituents in the delivery of student services and activities, manages and tracks student progress, advises students, and processes student clearance. Among these duties will be to support student life activities: liaise with ISSO for student visa issues; liaise with student housing, disability services, and health services to support those student populations; and support the Director with the planning and execution of student activities and events.
- 25% Manages student registration and other student affairs processes for the Department. Provides reporting and analysis from the University's systems on enrollment, registration, and course data, using student information systems (SIS) to update registration and admissions fields. Creates, analyzes, and utilizes student information databases, and maintains student records, information, and lists.
- 25% Advises students on various aspects of their studies, including general degree requirements and courses, and refers them to faculty advisors regarding electives and career-related inquiries. Meets with individual students, responds to emails and phone inquiries. Serves as the Department's student-ISSO liaison for international student populations. Works with CPO on curricular practical training (CPT), optional practical training (OPT) as needed to enhance international student academic experience.
- 20% Works with academic and administrative representatives to address student issues, such as graduation clearances, Drop/Add guidance, and related academic life inquiries. Manages and monitors student progress and performs preliminary graduation clearance. Interact with various university units such as the Registrar, Graduate Student Services, and Career Services, as well as with Disability Services (to hire tutors, communicate with faculty, handles access issues) and Health Services (immunization verification process, insurance issues).
- 10% Orchestrates and executes all academics-themed student programs, events, workshops, and academic student outreach/communication. These include but are not limited to study breaks, information sessions, student groups advising, orientation academic workshops, and other student initiatives.
- 10% Manages and distributes communications to proactively inform students of Departmental schedules, policies, procedures, and other notices, and provides timely responses to inquiries and requests, representing the Electrical Engineering Administration. Solicits student feedback and monitors class dynamics.
- 10% Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum 3-5 years of related experience in student affairs at the college level.
- Strong computer and information technology skills are required to deliver, monitor, and evaluate programs and services for students. Ability to utilize modern communication and collaboration platforms to gather, track and process data and compile reports and to communicate effectively with student populations.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, and senior administrators.
- The ability to exercise discretion and judgment in sensitive and confidential matters is a must.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills, and the ability to work with changing priorities and multiple projects in a high volume environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and exemplary written communication skills are necessary.
- Commitment to diversity and multiculturalism, and the ability to work with a diverse student body, faculty, and administrators.
- Commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Applications open: Aug 22 2022 Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back Apply Share