The USC Daniel J Epstein Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering in the USC Viterbi School of Engineering is seeking a Student Services Advisor II to join its outstanding team of faculty, staff and students.
- Provides academic counseling for graduate students. Advises on matters of curriculum, course and degree requirements, and graduation counseling and clearance. Monitors student progress in probation programs, updates advisement database, monitors graduation dates, and ensures student is on track per course plan.
- Maintains academic unit student records and coordinates registration activities, grading, degree progress, enrollment and degree verification, and transcripts with the USC Office of Academic Records and Registrar. Assists with petition applications, resumes and letters of recommendation, and career services. Interfaces with faculty, administrators and students regarding grading policies, and academic progress.
- Evaluates student problems, academic, administrative or personal, and refers student to appropriate student services office for additional counseling. Liaises with other offices on behalf of students to facilitate problem resolution.
- Coordinates department public relations functions, as assigned, such as special events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Participates in committees at the department, school, college or university level, which deal in student services issues. Provides administrative support for local committees and works on committee-assigned projects.
- Stays current on policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to admissions, visa compliance, registration, course and degree requirements, graduation requirements, petitions and other student services.
- Maintains and compiles statistical data including student and enrollment data. Prepares reports for internal and external use.
A complete application should include a cover letter and resume/CV uploaded to the completed online application. Failure to complete all the steps of our application process will negatively impact consideration of your candidacy.
Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Field of Expertise:
Directly related experience in student services and programs with ability to lead.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination
Certain positions are subject to background screening
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: