STUDENT SUCCESS INTERN
1 day left
- Organization Type
- College / University
STUDENT SUCCESS INTERN
FIXED TERM POSITION AT HARLAXTON COLLEGE, ENGLAND Overview
Harlaxton College is seeking a Student Success Intern. This is a fixed term appointment where the coordinator will serve for an 18-week period covering the Spring 2023 term.
The position will serve as front line academic support for the Student Experience Office. Responsibilities will be to:
- Provide guidance and support to students, helping them to flourish in the Harlaxton community
- Liaise with Faculty to support the smooth running of the Spring 2023 term
- Provide support and motivation for students’ academic endeavours
- Plan and execute Student Success Workshop program
- Plan and assist in the production of weekly student communications
- Work with the Health and Wellness Coordinator to devise weekly sessions to promote healthy living
- Develop event related promotional materials for Manor Media
- Document and share the student experience through designated channels
- Plan and support Student Experience Office programming
- Serve in an on-call capacity as part of a staff duty rotation
- Actively participate in the daily support of student needs
- Act as trip courier for British Culture Trips and day/overnight excursions
- Other duties and projects as assigned
We are seeking applicants who will have completed a baccalaureate degree at the time of the internship, who have had experience of working in residence life or student life programs, and who have a strong interest in international/intercultural education. Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be able comfortable working independently, be willing to work evenings and weekends and must be able to maintain confidentiality when working with student information and sensitive documents. Experience while an undergraduate student of living in on-campus Residential Halls is desirable. Preference will be given to candidates who have extensive experience with student supervision and programming. Applicants must have legal right to live and work in the UK OR meet UK Tier 5 eligibility requirements.
Furnished lodging and three meals a day will be provided at Harlaxton College. The flexible work week will average 40 hours. The Residential Life Intern will have access to a shuttle service into Grantham town center, on-campus nurse, library, free laundry facilities, the on-campus gym, and the opportunity to visit some of the best locations the UK. While working as a trip leader, they will be provided with a stipend to cover the costs of meals outside of the Manor.
Step 1 in Application: Selection by Harlaxton College
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume/cv with references to email@example.com. From this pool, applicants will be selected to participate in a first-round interview with the Student Support and Engagement team via Zoom. Due to the high volume of applicants, we cannot offer each applicant an interview. Once the first round is complete, a second round of interviews will be offered to the top candidates and references will be checked. Applications are due October 1st, 2022.
Step 2 in Application: Clearance and UK visa process (for non-UK Citizens)
If you are selected by Harlaxton for this position, and do not already have the right to work in the United Kingdom, your next step is to apply for a Tier 5 GAE visa from the UK government through BUNAC. Please check the requirements for tier 5 visas to ensure your eligibility. Harlaxton college will cover the cost of the Certificate of Sponsorship, but the successful candidate will be responsible for covering the cost of the visa and the UK health surcharge (approx. £750), and flight/transportation to and from the Manor at the start and end of the position. As part of the application process, you must be able to have your fingerprints and photo taken at a US Department of Homeland Security application support center. Harlaxton College will provide support throughout the visa application process.
If, after carefully studying the Harlaxton, BUNAC, and UK government websites, you still have questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for STUDENT SUCCESS INTERN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly