International Pathway Program and Recruitment Assistant Director
The Office of Admissions seeks an International Pathway Program and Recruiting Assistant Director. This position will lead Iowa State’s first-year pathway program and recruit international students from assigned territories. The successful candidate will frequently travel abroad to engage in international student recruitment.
Working in close collaboration with academic college and campus partners, the incumbent will play a leading role in coordinating the setup and launch of Iowa State’s first-year pathway program and will serve as the program specialist and main point of contact for administrating the program, including but not limited to organizing student activities, planning marketing and recruitment initiatives, and ensuring a successful student experience.
This position will serve as an innovative liaison to the marketing and communications team to develop electronic and printed materials that advance the first-year pathway program.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing plans to gather necessary data to assess the effectiveness of the program and produce both written and verbal reports to the Office of Admissions and external partners.
This position offers a unique opportunity to expand Iowa State University’s international recruitment efforts, ensuring strong collaboration with our international partners, in an office that is professionally supportive and values innovation. The incumbent must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and well-refined interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to assess success and make innovative changes as needed. All staff members are expected to interact collegially and maintain the highest standards of integrity and ethics. This incumbent must be willing to travel frequently, and have the ability to work early mornings, late evenings, weekend hours, and extended hours as necessary throughout the year
• Advanced degree
• Experience working in higher education recruitment
• Experience working with or extensive knowledge of first-year pathway programs
• Knowledge and experience with F-1 and/or J-1 visa regulations and procedures
• Experience forming personal and professional relationships with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
• Strong written communication skills and public speaking experience with a variety of audience sizes
• Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, particularly Salesforce
• Spanish language proficiency, or another second language
Program Specialist III Pay Grade: PS809
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience