Student Affairs at the University of Southern California works to provide our 50,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students the opportunity to reach their educational, personal, and professional aspirations. The mission of USC Student Affairs is to strengthen a culture driven by student well-being. To do this we:
- Support the individual student and student communities through the development of environments, services, and policies that reinforce shared strengths.
- Educate students to discover a deeper understanding of themselves and become change agents in the world.
- Engage students in transformative experiences to challenge their perspectives and become global citizens.
USC Student Affairs is seeking a full-time Senior Coordinator, HSC Student Affairs to lead efforts to strengthen support, development, and engagement opportunities for students at USC's Health Sciences Campus (HSC) in Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the factors influencing students' experiences in higher education, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to create strong partnerships with colleagues across the university. The Senior Coordinator will serve as a key representative of USC Student Affairs at HSC, connecting students to university resources, assessing needs, and developing resources and activities focused on promoting student engagement, wellbeing, sense of belonging, and personal/academic success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to USC Student Affairs' initiatives focused on expanding outreach and services to HSC students.
- Assess HSC students' experiences through analysis of existing data and new data collection.
- Research, design, and implement a strategy and plan of specialized programming to meet the distinct needs of HSC students, with emphasis on student wellbeing and safety, equity and inclusion, social connections and belonging, and career development.
- Advise students on an individual and group basis related to support and engagement opportunities across both the HSC and University Park Campus (UPC).
- Serve as the liaison for individual students and student organizations at HSC to be connected with campus resources and communications.
- Partner with USC Enrollment Services, Admission, Orientation Programs, and HSC academic units to strengthen the welcome experience and transition support for HSC students.
- Develop and manage communication on behalf of USC Student Affairs at HSC, including creation of web content, online newsletters, and social media outreach, in cooperation with Student Affairs and university communication teams.
- Represent USC Student Affairs within HSC Student Affairs Council, and on other HSC-based committees and workgroups.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
Candidates must have the ability to work successfully within a team setting, while establishing and maintaining strong connections to colleagues in a multi-campus environment. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. Working knowledge of MS Office is required.
The primary site of work for this position is the USC HSC in Los Angeles, approximately seven miles from USC's UPC with occasional work at the UPC for meetings and events.
- Master's degree
- Combined experience/education as a substitute for minimum education
- 3 years of directly related professional experience
- Doctorate in student personnel administration, higher education, counseling or related field
Experience and Skills
- 5 years of directly related professional experience
- Demonstrated experience assessing student needs
- Prior work involving creation of student services, resources and activities in a higher education setting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technology skills, including design of professional presentations, database management, and creation of marketing/promotional materials
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability and interest in working with a diverse population, and promoting inclusion and equity
Please upload your resume/CV and cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for this position.
Minimum Education: Master's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Student personnel administration
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination
Certain positions are subject to background screening
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: