Note for Current UM EmployeesCurrent employees must apply internally via connectU >
connectu.olemiss.eduDefinition of Class
This position manages the daily operations and procedures of international student admissions. The incumbent develops and implements training for international admissions processes and procedures; collects, analyzes, and compiles international student enrollment data for reporting purposes; audits admission data for accuracy; and facilitates transfer equivalencies with international institutions.Examples of Work Performed
- Manages and participates in processes for the admission of prospective international undergraduate and graduate students.
- Develops and implements processes and training to improve admissions procedures for international students.
- Interprets international admissions policies and regulations set forth by the Institutions of Higher Learning and the University of Mississippi.
- Monitors compliance with approved policies, procedures, and processes relating to international admissions.
- Audits admission data for accuracy of student records, statuses, and progression.
- Collects and analyzes data to prepare reports identifying international enrollment trends for recruitment and retention.
- Facilitates transfer equivalencies with international institutions.
- Tracks perspective students and monitors applications, conversions, and retention.
- Serves as liaison between international partners and academic departments on campus regarding transfer coursework and equivalency.
- Maintains the accuracy and confidentiality of international student records to comply with federal, state, and institutional policies.
- Stays abreast of current enrollment processes, educational practices, and academic policies as they relate to international undergraduate and graduate admissions standards.
- Communicates with prospective students regarding international admissions questions.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department. Manages daily operations and procedures of international student admissions.Develops and implements training for international admissions processes.Collects and analyzes data for reporting on international enrollment trends.Facilitates transfer equivalencies with international institutions. Minimum Education/Experience
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Two (2) years of experience related to the above described duties.
Substitution Statement: Related education and related experience may be substituted on a basis set forth by the Department of Human Resources.
Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the Department of Equal Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.Salary/Wage Information
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.EEO Statement
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.