Director of International Services
Job Summary: The Director of International Services is responsible for directing International Services’ processes and serving as the Responsible Officer for the university. This role assists in the interpretation of immigration policy for university leaders. The role will be responsible to ensure international students, faculty, and staff are in compliance with their visa status. The position will collaborate with campus leaders to strategically identify opportunities to increase the success of international students.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides support and direction to TCU faculty, staff and administrators for program development/training and updating Deans of changes in educational systems and academic credentials throughout the world.
2. Monitors federal compliance of immigration documents by analyzing and determining validity of information; preparing and processing required documents; tracking status of requests for immigration and completion of the immigration process; identifying and acknowledging visa status of students and faculty.
3. Keeps current on pertinent information to best address educational, social, cultural, immigration, and employment issues on campus.
4. Serves as TCU compliance officer for immigration.
5. Develops a departmental strategic plan to strengthen the international student experience and culture.
6. Supervises, hires, provide trainings, and evaluates the staff performance to strengthen workforce.
7. Provides suggestions and makes recommendations to improve students’ global fluency, using data-informed approach. Provides data and statistical analysis as needed.
8. Develops institutional relationships with key contacts and coordinates programming/activities with various departments engaged in international work.
9. Develops and manages budgets for department.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience: • Master’s degree in higher education, international education, or related field.
• 5 years’ experience in the field of international education or other related jobs that provide similar exposure to applicable international issues.
Preferred Education & Experience: • Living and/or working abroad• Bilingual.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of interpersonal communication techniques
• Knowledge of multicultural issues
• Knowledge and understanding of intercultural and international differences
• Skilled in Microsoft Office
• Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate
- This is an on-campus and in-person position.
AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.