Assistant Director, Asia Research Institute
- Organization Type
- College / University
The Office of International Education at the University at Buffalo invites applications for the position of Assistant Director, Asia Research Institute (ARI) . The Assistant Director will play a key role in managing the Institute, and will:
- Support program development and strategic planning
- Plan and coordinate Institute academic and cultural programs, in cooperation with the Institute Director. Programs will include academic conferences and lecture series and cultural educational programs for the University and local communities.
- Manage program implementation and administration, including coordinating administrative approvals as well as program activities.
- Manage Institute and program publicity, including utilizing electronic, social media and print media.
- Plan and manage proposals for Institute and project funding, as well as project reports. Work with faculty to develop external grants.
- Prepare budget requests and budget reports, and provide fiscal oversight for Institute accounts. Support the Institute director in strategically cultivating potential donors.
- Supervise Institute personnel including managing hiring and training activities for Institute or program-specific personnel. Conduct orientation for new faculty leadership, and coordinate staff meetings and team building activities.
- Bachelor’s degree, and five years of directly related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Administrative experience related to projects or programs involving external sponsors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise written format.
- Supervisory experience or a demonstrated ability to establish priorities for work to be accomplished by others.
- A degree in a field related to the Asia Research Institute’s academic activities is preferred.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
For Additional Information and to Apply please visit UBJobs at https://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/ and search for posting R220221. All applications must be submitted via UBJobs, applications submitted via any other method can not be considered.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.