*Job Title:* Assistant Director of Admissions
*FLSA Status:* Non-Exempt
*Department:* Undergraduate Admissions
*Title of Manager/Supervisor:* Director of Admissions
*Position Summary Guidelines*:
* Identify, attract and enroll students demonstrating academic ability and potential. May also be responsible for some travel and related independent tasks for The Clarkson School, transfer & international student recruitment.
* Ability to effectively communicate the character and purpose of the University.
* Manage geographic territory to reflect departmental efforts commensurate with Clarkson University’s annual and long-term enrollment goals for the University.
* Travel 8-12 weeks, or as required, based on recruitment plan to attend off-campus events. International travel may be required.
* Develop and maintain relationships with key faculty and staff at community colleges to familiarize and promote Clarkson
* Communicate orally and in writing, with varied constituencies including prospective students, parents, alumnae, faculty, staff and transfer counselors, and other staff.
* Compile statistical data for the preparation of reports and analysis.
*General Purpose: *Manage an assigned geographic territory to recruit a diverse, qualified, and talented group of students to the college. Interview and evaluate prospective students. Serve as part of a team of representatives of Clarkson University participating in all aspects of enrollment management; perform duties that contribute to the attraction, recruitment, selection and enrollment of a freshman class based on stated policies, procedures and goals of the University.
*Remote Workdays- *This is a full time on Campus position with zero remote workdays.
*Position Responsibilities: *
* Manage and develop a territory recruitment plan, including decisions on where to visit, identification and correspondence with counselors and contacts, and creation of presentation materials. Plans travel arrangements and timing
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with varied constituencies including prospective students, parents, alumnae, faculty, guidance counselors, and other staff
* Assist in the development, implementation, and coordination of the University recruitment plan
* Advise international students on appropriate completion and necessary documents for Certificate of Finance, I-20, visa types and other required paperwork
* Responsible for the management of a regional admission territory and related independent tasks
* Communicate effectively to students on matters of admission process, academics, financial aid, student life
* Meet with prospective students, parents and guidance counselors to promote Clarkson University at college fairs, high school visits and other off-campus events
* Visit high schools and/or community colleges, counsel, and dispense literature to students and transfer personnel; attend college programs; and meet with students/families and alumni
* Interview prospective students, documents and uses independent judgement on the quality of the interview as it relates to an applicant’s admission decision. Manages follow-up communication
* Facilitate correspondence between prospective students, the faculty, and staff
* Participate in events planning, correspondence, and program implementations
* Participate in meetings and conferences for professional development purposes
* Compile statistical data for the preparation of reports and analysis
* Establish and maintain contact with local alumni to utilize in recruitment plan as needed
* Participate in the preparation of mailings and related follow-ups
* Represent the University at various educational, community, and professional meetings
* Serve as liaison to departments and on committees as needed
* Read and analyze applications and essays to make recommendations on the admissibility of a student’s application for admission. Will also approve at 2nd read level for admission counselors
* Assist to identify, create and implement opportunities for current students to assist in programs for prospective student engagement
* Assist to create, implement and manage Alumni-Admission Volunteer Program
* Assist to create and maintain communication timeline for e-marketing (i.e. newsletters, mailings, Social Media. Live chats, etc.) to parents, counselors and students
* Assist to hire, train and manage student workers
* Overnight hosting program, GE Leadership, Alumni Admissions Program
* Assist with other projects, administrative duties, and initiatives as assigned
* Performance of above duties require you to be at work on Campus
*Health & Safety: *All staff has a statutory responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves, others and the environment and to prevent harm by their acts or omissions. All staff is therefore required to adhere to the University’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy & Procedures.
*DISCLAIMER: *The above statements are designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of personnel so classified.
* Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, particularly in matters relative to sensitive or confidential student records, personnel or organizational matters
* Self-motivated and leadership initiative for assigned programs
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
* Ability to develop strategies to achieve goals; displays original thinking and creativity
* Must be able to problem solve, suggest and implement solutions
* Proficient with personal computer office applications, e-mail and internet
* Flexible schedule/availability for evening and weekend hours
* Ability to travel 8-12 weeks, or as required based on territory demands
* Experience working independently and within a group setting
* Candidate should be energetic, well organized, with strong interpersonal skills
* Must be able to work under pressure to meet office deadlines and have strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a changing environment
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
*Minimal Qualifications: *
* Bachelor’s degree from accredited College or University
* Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the University
* Must have valid passport
* Master’s degree in Higher Education Leadership, Business, or another related field from a regionally accredited institution
*Minimal Experience: *
* Recruitment and applicant systems required
* One to two years of higher education admissions, marketing, event planning, or comparable customer service preferred
*Physical Demands: *
The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop
* Employee is required to climb stairs frequently each day and will occasionally carry up to 25 pounds while doing so
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* May be required to stand for long periods of time
*Special Instructions to Applicants:*
Full application package should include a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).
* All employees are required to be full vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of employment