Study Abroad Advisor
This position will serve as the primary advisor for students preparing to study abroad, will conduct information sessions and outreach events, and will coordinate re-entry events for students returning from an abroad experience. Additionally, this position will maintain the department website and promotional materials as well as contribute to the social media presence. This position will meet regularly with students as well as often make presentations, so occasional evening and weekend work should be expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience studying or working abroad
- Experience supporting students from underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds with commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and a professional understanding of the intersectionality of identities in study abroad.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency in all office software
- Minimum of one year professional experience
- Experience working in a study abroad office
- Experience in student and academic advising
- Foreign language proficiency
- Experience with Terra Dotta
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.