One-Stop Student Services Specialist
4 days left
- Organization Type
- Community College
General Function: Under the supervision of the Director of Admissions, the One-Stop Student Service Specialist is cross-trained to serve most student service-related concerns in BCC’s One-Stop Student Service Center. The One-Stop Student Service Specialist provides a full range of student support services and is knowledgeable of enrollment, registration, student records, student financial aid, Scholarship Programs, placement testing, college life, career services, on-line resources, and academic support services. The One-Stop Student Service Specialists also assists with college recruiting activities and Career and College Promise enrollment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students in the admissions/enrollment process by providing application completion assistance, information regarding academic placement testing, basic academic advising, basic financial aid assistance, registration assistance, on-line resources, Student Portal, and College E-mail instruction, tuition/fee payment instruction, and information on scholarship opportunities.
- Read, interpret, and communicate College policies and procedures.
- Provide on-going information to students, potential students, parents, and general public regarding policies, programs, and procedures.
- Remain current in knowledge of deadlines and general college policies/protocol that relate to financial aid, tuition payment, testing, orientation, class registration, add/drop and withdrawal from classes.
- Promote awareness of current scholarship programs.
- Promote the College’s communication systems such as the College’s Student Portal, Self-Service, AVISO, and social media sites.
- Assist with developing academic and individual action plans to retain students to graduation.
- Advise incoming and continuing students relative to Brunswick Guarantee Scholarship eligibility and annual renewal process.
- Collaborate with administrators, staff, and faculty to identify areas of improvements in procedures and communication.
- Assist with campus tours, recruiting and admission events, as well as new student orientation, financial literacy, and other programs as assigned.
- Provide appropriate referrals as required.
- Maintain records of students served and services provided.
- At all times, takes necessary steps and precautions to preserve confidentiality of protected information as per college policies and state and federal laws (FERPA, HIPPA).
- Assist students in co-curricular student development by providing information regarding Student Government, volunteer, ambassador, work study, club membership, and student life opportunities.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Two years of experience in an educational environment, social service agency, or in the private business sector with specific experience in customer services (preferably student services.)
- Enjoy assisting students and providing awareness to the community all while striving to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to take required initiative to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Experience using technology including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, and use of the Internet.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact tactfully and courteously with students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to collaborate with others and work as part of a team.
- Must be a “quick study” to quickly grasp and retain knowledge of policies and procedures relating to every aspect of student services that a prospective or current student may utilize.
- Demonstrate oral and written communication skills to interact with a wide range of diverse individuals.
- Flexible schedule required to meet department needs as some evening, weekends and extended hours may be required.