Assist and provide guidance to prospective Job Corps enrollees by determining basic eligibility, conducting screening and providing career-based counseling.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Recruits eligible youth into the Job Corps program and provides guidance to prospective Job Corp enrollees.
- Promotes positive Job Corps image and awareness in the community.
- Conducts campus tours.
- Represents Job Corps at public and other community events, as well as at organizational meetings and in high schools.
- Joins and actively participate in at least one community group, i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Lions, Rotary, etc.
- Is familiar with and promotes/supports campus-wide compliance with DOL, Corporate and Center initiatives.
- Develops referral sources through agency and community outreach.
- Establishes referral partnerships with organizations, agencies, civic clubs, employers, the military, apprenticeship programs, churches, etc. that will refer eligible youth to the program. Implements Outreach Education Plan.
- Enroll a significant number of eligible applicant folders into the Job Corps Centers.
- Submits a sufficient number of eligible applicant folders to achieve 103% of contacted on-board strength. Maintains a 90-day commitment of 95% of all students recruited to the program. Works in other areas as assigned.
- Provides all applicants with accurate information about the Job Corps program. Through face-to-face interviews with each applicant, obtains pertinent data and documentation prescribed in PRH chapter 1 to assess, verify, and determine applicant's eligibility and suitability for the program.
- Documents all information involving applicant eligibility criteria and additional enrollment factors in applicant folders and OASIS.
- Understands, implements, and complies with Chapter 1 of the Policy Requirement Handbook (PRH).
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and sponsor Job Fairs, conduct presentation at local educational institutions.
- Partnerships with religious organizations and community agencies
- Participates in CMT.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field or an Associate degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field, and 2 years related experience.
- Valid state driver's license.
- CPR/First Aid certifications
Ability to perform essential job functions while complying with all state, federal or local COVID mandates with or without reasonable accommodation. Afognak Native Corporation, Afognak Commercial Group LLC, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.