*Job Summary / Basic Function:*The Associate Vice President for Student Services is a member of the executive leadership team assisting the Provost with the day to day operations of the student services division. He/She performs duties necessary to implement the budget, staffing, policies and procedures, long range planning, enrollment management, and student services initiatives. The position provides leadership for student engagement, veteran’s services, special populations, financial aid functions, career services, testing and all required state and federal reporting. This is an exempt position.
1. Establish and attain goals for LIT’s enrollment, retention, recruitment and advising services areas.
2. Work cooperatively with the Institute personnel in developing processes which are student-friendly and supportive of student success.
3. Develop a positive environment that supports teamwork and innovation.
4. Develop and maintain strong professional relationships across student services and the college.
5. Ensure accountability and compliance of student affairs with federal/state laws and regulations, and SACS-COC, TSUS and LIT policies and procedures.
6. Assist the Provost in planning, developing, and administering the budget for the student services division.
7. Coordinate with LIT divisions on an array of supportive programs and services for targeted populations to increase enrollment and retention.
8. Provide leadership in enrollment management.
9. Ensure that the evaluation of student services and staff are conducted on a regular and systematic basis in accordance with LIT policies and procedures.
10. Assist in the preparation and distribution of the college catalog,student handbook, and other related documents.
11. Ensure all employees work within the duties and responsibilities of assigned positions.
12. Work evenings and weekends as required.
13. Other duties as assigned.
* Master’s degree from a regionally accredited university in a related area.
* Community or Technical College experience is required.
* Must have served as Director, Assistant Dean, Associate Dean, Dean or above.
*EEO Statement:*Lamar Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
* Doctoral Degree is preferred.
* Preference will be given to individuals with a strong background in Student Services.
* Ability to effectively integrate the academic success and student service activities of the college to enhance enrollment, retention, engagement and student success.
* Maintain a positive perspective in all interpersonal and task-related activities.
* Demonstrate a commitment to a team approach to management.
* Effective communication skills that foster a collegial, collaborative working environment. Knowledge of Title IX is valuable.
*Security Sensitive Statement:*This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
*Work Hours:*Evenings, weekends and extended work days are often expected.
*Open Until Filled:*Yes