Associate Director, Study Abroad
University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (https://jobs.nd.edu) is accepting applications for a Associate Director, Study Abroad.
Applications will be accepted until 10/4/2022.
The Associate Director is a member of the study abroad team that is responsible for providing our diverse student body with access to international education opportunities through all education abroad programs, including semester programs, summer faculty- led programs, research abroad, and global internships, for 1000+ students a year.
The Associate Director is responsible for implementing the strategy and operations plan of ND international programming, primarily within an assigned portfolio. This includes recruitment, selection, and preparation of students for their summer and semester study abroad programs, as well as contributing to continuous strategic planning and assessment of existing and potential programs. This position works collaboratively across ND International and other campus departments to support the overall goals of the institution; to this extent, the Associate Director provides cross-cultural, analytic, and linguistic support in various special projects and initiatives, both led and/or co-sponsored by NDI. The Associate Director also communicates, promotes, and provides support for NDI's global network, particularly in what concerns to their synergies with existing study abroad programs.
In addition, this Associate Director position has responsibility to oversee summer study abroad programs administered through NDI. It includes program development, budget, faculty training, and overall operations of summer program administration. Further, it administers learning outcome assessment for all programs, manages summer study abroad scholarships, as well as develop opportunities for students' global engagement through research, internships, community engagement or other experiential learning opportunities.
The Associate Director reports directly to the Senior Director of Global Education and works closely with other members of the team.
Specific duties include:
• Managing the daily operations of several semester and summer international programs. Responsibilities are varied but not limited to administrative support for the programs, communication with faculty, staff and students on campus and abroad
• Preparing students for study abroad, including general information sessions for students, faculty and staff and parents when appropriate. Conducting pre-departure sessions on campus, working with students while abroad and conducting reentry programming for returnees
• Overseeing all NDI summer programs to ensure students are well-prepared, faculties are trained, and policies and procedures are followed
• Working with faculty on program delivery and coordinating the program staffing needs to ensure proper support and coverage
• Developing faculty-led programs and being on-site during the programs' delivery to ensure success and smooth operations
• Marketing and promoting the programs to recruit students and increase participation
• Managing program scholarships, expenses and budget
• Developing evaluation and assessment tools
• Working on new initiatives and participating in working groups
• Bachelor’s degree from a US institution
• At least 5 years of experience in international higher education
• Strong organizational, project management, administrative, and computer skills
• Significant international experience living, studying or working abroad
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to positively engage people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds
• Demonstrated experience working with people of diverse backgrounds and increasing and diversifying student participation in study abroad
• Ability to work well in a team and to work well with a variety of constituencies (students, faculty, parents, staff)
• Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills with proven ability to strategize, prioritize, and multi-task to meet goals and deadlines
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Experience in marketing and recruitment
• Experience in a study abroad office or organization, managing faculty-led programs or summer programs
• Fluent in a second language
• Familiarity or experience studying or working in the Middle East and/or Africa
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education's annual "Great Colleges to Work For" survey...and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # https://apptrkr.com/3452945. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.