International Faculty Adviser (Human Resources Specialist 2)
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
International Student and Scholar Advising (ISSA), a unit within Penn State Global, is seeking an International Faculty Adviser (IFA).
The International Faculty Adviser represents Penn State in submitting employment-based immigration cases for the H-1B, E-3, O-1, TN, and permanent residency. The focus of the job will be initially on filing petitions for the H-1B and possibly the EB-2 Special Handling green card cases.
Primary functions of the IFA include advising departments and international faculty on complex immigration and visa regulations related to the hiring of international employees. The adviser will analyze, interpret, and advise academic departments and Human Resources representatives on recruiting international faculty and on the course of action required to obtain work permission in the U.S. The adviser will collaborate with others in International Faculty Advising in reviewing programs; ensuring compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, policies, and business practices for efficiency; and creating presentations and written communication such as letter templates, web information, and electronic forms.
This is a limited-term position funded for one year from date of hire, with possibility of refunding.
Education and experience:
Typically requires a Bachelors degree or higher and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. At least one year of experience should be in immigration-related advising.
Required skills and abilities:
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, adhere to deadlines, and adapt to ever-changing demands and
- Ability and willingness to work beyond 40-hour work week when necessary to meet deadlines
- Discretion in handling confidential information and adherence to ethical standards
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with immigration software and/or technically proficient to learn using software
Preferred education and experience:
- Master’s degree or higher or J.D.
- Employment-based immigration advising and processing experience
- Experience using SUNAPSIS
A complete application for this position must include a resume and a cover letter. Partial remote work options and flexible work schedules will be considered after the training period.
- IF YOU ARE NOT A CURRENT EMPLOYEE OR STUDENT, please click “Apply” and complete the application process for external applicants. [https://hr.psu.edu/sites/hr/files/Application_Process_for_External_Applications_Non-Penn_State_Employees_.pdf]
- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
Penn State Global values a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds as an essential component of our being relevant in a globally connected environment. Our goal is a collaborative, respectful, and mutually supportive workplace.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
University Park, PA
Apply for International Faculty Adviser (Human Resources Specialist 2)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly