Galen College of Nursing is a vibrant and growing, single-purpose nursing college focused on expanding access to quality nursing education. Our culture is at the forefront of everything we do. Galen's fundamental goals are to be the best place for nursing education and the best place to work and one cannot be true without the other.
At Galen College of Nursing, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
* Mental Health Coverage
Learn more about Employee Benefits
As you consider joining Galen, please carefully consider how you will model the culture we embrace and look to sustain. A culture where good ideas can come from anywhere and transparency is vital. Respect, accountability and integrity are non-negotiables, and commitment is created and sustained through the development of all employees. We care about each other and our students. We look for ways to exceed expectations and we are always looking for ways to improve and grow, while delivering the promise of extraordinary nursing education, matched only by a commitment to our students' success.
If you feel our culture aligns with your strength of experience, attitude and authentic desire to work with great people to help changes lives, we'd love to talk!
Admissions Representative Position Overview
Galen College of Nursing is looking for an Admissions Representative to work towards reaching or exceeding new student quarterly recruitment goals.
* Recruits traditional and non-traditional students.
* Follows-up on leads through phone calls, emails, and website marketing.
* Provides information sessions and campus tours to all applicable prospective students.
* Maintains communication with prospective students through phone calls, written correspondence, emails, and texting.
* Understand and utilize our CRM, to input data and follow-up with prospective students.
* Assists qualified, interested, prospective students to become applicants.
* Participate in local high school, college, and career fairs and community marketing events, as needed.
* Update Galen's tracking system with all inquiries, appointments, student data, etc.
* Collects and records supporting documentation (transcripts, test scores, etc.) to complete prospective student files.
* Assists in coordinating and participating in campus open houses and other Galen College events.
* Participates in in-house, as well as outside development and training as requested by Galen.
* Maintain confidentiality of all prospective students and student information. Follow guidelines by regulatory bodies such as FERPA, the Department of Education, other Galen accrediting agencies, federal, state and local laws, etc.
* Assist in preparation of accrediting agency reports as it relates to Admissions.
* Assist as needed to participate and work at Galen College graduation ceremonies and orientations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred. Education may be substituted for experience.
* Minimum of two years of experience in similar work environment required. Experience with Microsoft Office programs required. Ellucian Colleague experience helpful.
* Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must possess excellent customer service skills.
* Must be responsible and accountable for striving to reach individual, as well as departmental goals.
* Must be a team player by assisting and encouraging other Galen employees.
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment : Must be able to sit at a desk for eight hours at a time. Must be available to work flexible schedule to include some evenings and occasional weekends.
Degree of Supervision: Minimal.
Galen College Values:
Inclusivity: I foster an environment that provides opportunity for every individual to reach their full potential.
Character: I act with integrity and compassion in all I do.
Accountability: I own my role and accept responsibility for my actions.
Respect: I value every person as an individual with unique contributions worthy of consideration.
Excellence: I commit myself to the highest level of quality in everything I do.
At Galen College of Nursing, we offer a unique educational experience we call Pure Nursing. With a focus on nursing education, our knowledgeable and caring faculty and staff take personal interest in helping our students achieve their goals. Galen is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master's Degrees. Our baccalaureate degree in nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), and the associate and master's degree in nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). For complete information related to Galen's accreditation status, please visit our website .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Founded 30 years ago, Galen College of Nursing is one of the largest private nursing schools in the United States. With a focus solely on nursing education and a mission to expand access to nursing education, the College offers master’s, baccalaureate and associate degree education and practical/vocational nursing (PN/VN) programs to over 6,000 students on its campuses in Louisville, Ky., Hazard, Ky., San Antonio, Tx., Tampa Bay, Fla., Cincinnati, Oh., and Online. Galen is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. For more information about Galen College of Nursing, visit galencollege.edu.