Tufts Global Education (TGE) serves as a hub of international programs and initiatives at the School of Arts & Science and School of Engineering. TGE oversees study abroad, international exchange programs, international learning collaborations, and faculty-led custom programs. We currently operate 11 of our own programs, Tufts Programs Abroad, in Chile, China, Ghana, Hong Kong, Japan, London, Madrid, Oxford, Paris, Pavia, and Tübingen. We facilitate student participation in approved partner programs throughout the world. TGE develops custom programs abroad during winter and summer sessions. Around 45% of the junior class studies abroad for a semester or a full academic year. We host international exchange students and visiting scholars who attend Tufts for an academic term or custom program. The division works with faculty, students, and Tufts University on global engagement.
What You'll Do
This is a hybrid role. During the academic semesters, the expectation is that this role will be fully on campus 5 days a week, with an opportunity for remote flexibility during the summer break. Opportunities may exist in the future for 4 days a week on campus after the first year.
The Program Manager is an exciting opportunity for a professional who is passionate about 1-on-1 student advising, helping undergraduate students find academically appropriate education abroad opportunities within a designated portfolio of programs, fostering an inclusive and supportive environment for students, and contributing to the TGE’s implementation of DEIJ practices in education abroad. This position will be highly involved with our Know Before You Go (KBUG) identity series and this individual should be comfortable working with Tufts’ Identity Centers and supporting students of varying and intersecting identities. Additionally, this position will work and gain experience in the areas of: Advising, Student Outreach & Education, Transfer of Credit, Program Assessment and Partnerships & Projects.
- MA Degree
- Strength in administrating or supporting international education/study abroad processes
- Experience in advising undergraduate students in a higher education setting
- Foundational knowledge of underrepresented and first-gen student experiences in higher education and/or education abroad and inclusion concepts like intersectionality
- Knowledge of short-term program enrollment processes and program support
- Skilled in delivering student programs from conception to organizing, booking, and scheduling, promotion, assessment, etc.
- Comfort with providing guidance to student workers and global ambassadors
- Experience working with a diverse and international student and staff population
- Communication and outreach experience
- Knowledge of other languages desirable
- Knowledge or ease with software, CRM systems, and cloud-based programs. Familiarity with Canvas, Canva, InDesign, and Terra Dotta
- Should be energetic, patient, flexible, and open to diverse work styles
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- This is an in-person role based in Medford, MA
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity