**$500 Sign On Bonus**
If you want a career with a lot of opportunity for growth and career development, Gary Job Corps is the place to be! Gary Job Corps is a Vocational Training School located in the beautiful Texas Hill Country in the great city of San Marcos. We specialize in helping young adults achieve training in a variety of vocational fields to obtain long term career success!
Associate of Arts Degree from an accredited school required. Bachelors Degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of three years auditing and/or administrative support experience required. Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications is required.
May supervise assigned WBL students.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Conducts comprehensive screening procedures to determine applicants eligibility and suitability for the Job Corps Program.
- Secures and evaluates applicants behavioral, medical and educational records.
- Denies applicant enrollment and refers applicants to other educational resources.
- Conducts thorough assessment activities and career counseling during the admissions process.
- Serves as a liaison to Center staff to facilitate a seamless enrollment process and early student retention.
- Works closely with community agencies, employment services, high schools, trade and technical schools and other agencies to inform prospective applicants about the Job Corps program.
- Acts as a liaison between the Job Corps Center and community agencies. Develops and maintains referral linkages in the community.
- Conducts Center tours, pre-arrival visits and Parent meetings. o Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner. o Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities.
- Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned
Associates degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications or closely related field and two years related experience required. Bachelors degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field preferred. Experience may include successful Job Corps enrollment or successful enrollment in other youth development programs.
Must possess a valid in-State Drivers License and meet Company insurability requirements.
Adams and Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are interested in a career with Adams and Associates, please refer to our career page to see what positions are available.
Applicants/Employee needing reasonable accommodations or just to speak with someone from our HR Team please contact us at email@example.com or call Elva Zdeb at 512-396-6604
Click EEO is the law