CGE Program Coordinator - (Administrative Analyst/Specialist) - College of Extended Learning
CGE Program Coordinator - (Administrative Analyst/Specialist) - College of Extended Learning
Job No: 519412
Work Type: Staff
Location: San Francisco
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
College of Extended Learning
This is a one-year probationary position.
Full Time (FTE 1.0)
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Hiring Range
$4,197.00 to $4,663.00 per month
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Center for Global Engagement (CGE) program coordinator (PC) is responsible for coordinating administrative,
business and operational processes for the unit. The PC will also support the admission lead in processing applications
and data entry. The PC reports to the Director of CGE and may receive work direction from program managers and
leads. The PC will handle all faculty hiring requests, faculty payment requests, fiscal requests, and enter data into
Campus Solutions and various spreadsheets for record-keeping and informational purposes, as requested.
Operations and admissions processing support
• Schedule classes in Campus Solutions
• Maintain, keep current, and organize and format information and data in spreadsheets and Box folders according to a logical structure so that information is easily accessible
• Enter data into Campus Solutions as requested by program leads and program specialists
• Support admissions lead by processing applications and data entry as needed
• Act as a DSO (Designated School Official) with responsibility for issuing initial I-20s, tracking visa status, and backing up admissions lead as needed
• Report student information to SEVIS in accordance with federal guidelines
• Produce weekly and ad hoc admission and enrollment reports
• Update student data in Salesforce, CS, SEVIS, and other student data management systems
• Ensure accurate enrollment and program fee data and collaborate with CEL enrollment team so that all tuition and fees are posted and refunds managed in a timely manner
• Submit necessary paperwork to CEL Fiscal team to facilitate payment of interdepartmental transfers
• Order transcripts from the SF State registrar and generate CEL transcripts, grade reports, and certificates, and send to international university partners
• Prepare and submit requisitions, P.O. requests, hospitality, travel claims and other fiscal paperwork
• Collect and submit necessary documentation to subsidy department to ensure timely invoicing for groups and sponsored students
• Monitor and order office supplies
• Coordinate all facilities requests
• Coordinate student activities, excursions, and special event logistics, including all related purchasing
• Reserve classrooms
• Mail immigration and other student documents as needed
• Coordinate with mailroom to receive deliveries
Faculty and student assistant hiring and payroll
• Collaborate with faculty payroll team
• Follow the standard operating procedure for requesting faculty appointment letters and faculty payments and meet all deadlines
• Prepare hiring request forms
• Enter data for appointment letters and payroll into faculty payroll spreadsheets and Campus Solutions
• Consult with faculty payroll team regarding custom payments or exceptions
• Process honoraria for SF State University faculty and external guest presenters
• In collaboration with program leads/manager, coordinate student assistant hiring and timesheet approval process
Other duties as assigned
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
• Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty.
• Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
• Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
• Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
• Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities.
• Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
• Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
• Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
• Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
• Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence
• Diversity and inclusion
• Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User-Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P30D)
• Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience in program coordination, student services in a public university
• Fiscal experience
• Fluency with using Excel spreadsheets
• High-level customer service skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent organizational and writing skills
• Experience working in an international educational setting
• Experience using the Salesforce database or other Customer Relation Management software
• Experience communicating with people from different backgrounds
• Experience working on teams
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalstate.policystat.com%2Fpolicy%2F9779821%2Flatest%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cmmango%40sfsu.edu%7Cd3ff4c3f59f8464716df08d983662ec8%7Cd8fbe335822c41a987747f16709aac9f%7C0%7C0%7C637685297151532234%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=VcJGk83P%2BOXMsN9EIqnCxc2AM8iEoRRUBl2xVfUjbRM%3D&reserved=0 and questions may be sent to mailto:email@example.com.
CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3494640
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.