Assistant Director for New and Transfer Services
Posting Number: S04404P
Position Title: Assistant Director
Functional Title: Assistant Director for New and Transfer Services
Department: UT Dallas International Center
Salary Range: $50,000 DOQ
Pay Basis: Monthly
Position Status: Regular full-time
Position End Date (if temporary):
Posting Open Date: 09/08/2022
Posting Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Desired Start Date: 11/01/2022
Position ensures timely & accurate issuance of I-20 documents, as well as advising and other services, to allow prospective international students to enter the US and attend UT Dallas. This position is responsible for four prime functions:
1) Oversight of ISSO Prospective Student Services and Benefits Processing
2) Supervision, Staff Development and Administrative Functions
3. Direct services to Students and/or Scholars
4) Other Related Duties as Assigned
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. Two years experience carrying out administrative responsibilities such as budgeting, goal setting, assessing effectiveness, etc. Three years of supervisory experience. Four years experience providing student service in an educational setting, preferably with international students.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years working as a DHS DSO and/or ARO in a higher education international office, with case management, benefit processing and advising, OR the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience totaling at least six years. At least one year of supervisory experience in any capacity (full time employees, part time employees, student workers, or volunteers).
Must be US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident for DSO access.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for all day-to-day functions related to prospective overseas and transfer international student advising and DHS benefit issuance. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Proposing and implementing high quality advising and benefit processing services.
• Organize prospective team resources and assign work so services are available consistently to students.
• Collaboratively provide new advisor and ad hoc trainings for prospective team
• Determine student needs and take appropriate actions for the team to meet them
• Manage routine and ad hoc student immigration communication campaigns including content, accuracy of distributions, timing, execution of events, etc.
• Responsible for coordination of relevant digital and online communication channels to support prospective students.
• Shared supervisory responsibility for team of International Student Advisor staff; direct supervisory responsibility for 3 full time staff and student employees.
• Collaborate with ISSO and International Center leadership regarding strategic planning and implementation of new initiatives.
• Collaboration with key stakeholders on and off campus to benefit students.
• Handle escalated student or staff complaints that come to the ISSO through daily advising and processing functions.
• Make discretionary decisions on how to address ad-hoc student exception requests.
Remote Work Notice:
FOR FUTURE AVAILABILITY – After the probationary period, this role may be eligible for a hybrid (partly remote/partly in office) work schedule, subject to business need and manager approval. May be required to use personal computer and other standard office equipment. Must be located within the DFW Area and have the ability to be on campus with 24 hours of notice. A UT Dallas Remote Work Agreement will be required within 14 days after approval.
What we have to Offer:
UT Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusiveness. We offer an employee-friendly work environment with a comprehensive benefit package including:
• Competitive Salary
• Tuition Benefits
• Medical insurance – including 100% paid employee medical coverage for full-time employees
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Long and short-term disability
• Retirement Plan Options
• Paid time off
• Paid Holidays
About UT Dallas
The University of Texas at Dallas is committed to graduating well-rounded members of the global community whose education has prepared them for rewarding lives and productive careers in a constantly changing world. A diversity of people, ideas and perspectives is crucial to our vision and mission. A charter member of SEA (STEMM Equity Achievement) Change, UT Dallas is a place where members of the community are welcomed, treated fairly, and encouraged to their pursuit of excellence.
Special Instructions Summary
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
2. Cover Letter/Letter of Application
1. Other Document
2. Veteran Employment Preference - Form DD-214