The Associate Director is a member of the study abroad team that is responsible for providing our diverse student body with access to international education opportunities through all education abroad programs, including semester programs, summer faculty- led programs, research abroad, and global internships, for 1000+ students a year.
The Associate Director is responsible for implementing the strategy and operations plan of ND international programming, primarily within an assigned portfolio. This includes recruitment, selection, and preparation of students for their summer and semester study abroad programs, as well as contributing to continuous strategic planning and assessment of existing and potential programs. This position works collaboratively across ND International and other campus departments to support the overall goals of the institution; to this extent, the Associate Director provides cross-cultural, analytic, and linguistic support in various special projects and initiatives, both led and/or co-sponsored by NDI. The Associate Director also communicates, promotes, and provides support for NDI's global network, particularly in what concerns to their synergies with existing study abroad programs.
In addition, this Associate Director position has responsibility to oversee summer study abroad programs administered through NDI. It includes program development, budget, faculty training, and overall operations of summer program administration. Further, it administers learning outcome assessment for all programs, manages summer study abroad scholarships, as well as develop opportunities for students' global engagement through research, internships, community engagement or other experiential learning opportunities.
The Associate Director reports directly to the Senior Director of Global Education and works closely with other members of the team.
Specific duties include:
- Managing the daily operations of several semester and summer international programs. Responsibilities are varied but not limited to administrative support for the programs, communication with faculty, staff and students on campus and abroad
- Preparing students for study abroad, including general information sessions for students, faculty and staff and parents when appropriate. Conducting pre-departure sessions on campus, working with students while abroad and conducting reentry programming for returnees
- Overseeing all NDI summer programs to ensure students are well-prepared, faculties are trained, and policies and procedures are followed
- Working with faculty on program delivery and coordinating the program staffing needs to ensure proper support and coverage
- Developing faculty-led programs and being on-site during the programs' delivery to ensure success and smooth operations
- Marketing and promoting the programs to recruit students and increase participation
- Managing program scholarships, expenses and budget
- Developing evaluation and assessment tools
- Working on new initiatives and participating in working groups