Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, is responsible for the planning and management of data services for the Office of Admission, interfacing with the Emory community and external organizations.
- Provide data internally for staff members and the Dean of Admission, to key Emory constituencies, and externally to outside recruitment vendors
- Performs advanced statistical modeling of student behavior throughout enrollment timeline for use in strategic decision-making.
- Designs and develops standardized operational, management, and ad hoc reports for use by senior university leadership.
- Prepares reports related to recruitment, applicant quality, yield, and various other enrollment management benchmarks.
- Collaborates with internal and external constituents to provide data for decision-making.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with various staff across the institution to ensure data management services are responsive to meet needs in a timely manner.
- Serves as a liaison for audits conducted by external agencies.
- Prepares, extracts and validates student data for internal and external agencies including reporting to Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Common Data Set, Peterson's Annual surveys, Princeton Review, US News & World Report, Forbes Business, etc.
- Participates in the development of the department's strategic plan.
- Develops and documents report procedures for the office.
- Serves as a resource in the areas of data management and reporting and as a representative on university committees.
- Collaborates with the data warehouse team to validate data and develop reports.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Master's degree and four years of related analytics experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive experience with and understanding of integrated, relational databases, preferably PeopleSoft Student Information Systems.
• Experience in PeopleSoft and Technolutions Slate
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
• Experience with statistical analysis methods and software (SPSS and Python specifically)
• Ability to independently analyze and resolve complex problems
• Experience with combining data from multiple data sources
• Ability to work effectively in a deadline driven, team oriented environment with multiple competing priorities
To ensure the safety of our campus community, the COVID-19 vaccine is required. For more information on the University and Hospital policies and potential exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.